Revenue Cycle Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for providing coordination, analysis, development and/or collection of relevant Revenue Cycle data to support the Revenue Cycle team. This position provides development/maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of Revenue Cycle databases, reports and analysis
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze Revenue Cycle data and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates and assists in the creation of various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports, dashboards or ad hoc reports that enable Revenue Cycle to control and analyze operations. Develops independently and with minimum supervision one or more of the following: back end SQL code, front-end dashboard visualization, intermediate revenue cycle operational performance analysis.
2. Works with Revenue Cycle leaders and team members to assist with data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of Revenue Cycle information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of Revenue Cycle reports and databases.
3. Works with other analysts to validate trending of Revenue Cycle data.
4. Provides Advanced Revenue Cycle analysis support for complex special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis. Brings strength in logic and analysis of data, sorts through data and determines which elements are useful or pertinent to the assigned project. Identifies outliers and recognizes trends, presents data and analysis results to appropriate parties.
5. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for senior leadership and Revenue Cycle operations.
6. Responsible for intermediate level queries in SQL or similar language or ability to work with intermediate data visualizations OR responsible for basic SQL and intermediate revenue cycle operational analysis.
7. Provides education on reporting to non-Revenue Cycle & Revenue cycle staff so they can break down analysis in simple terms.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess strong knowledge of business, finance, health management, statistics, engineering and/or analytics as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree. Must also possess five plus years of current and progressive experience of analysis work in healthcare or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and related industry experience.
Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in data interpretation, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses. Intermediate SQL, visualization, or revenue cycle operational analysis skills required.
Knowledge of statistical analysis is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.