1. Develops speech writing/strategic messaging for the President and Provost and other senior administrators, as needed; collaborates with partners college-wide to script Commencement and other signature events; prepares press releases; and develops and launches thought-leadership platforms for the President.
2. Manages the media relations efforts for the College, including crisis communications issues.
· Establishes goals consistent with the College mission and works collaboratively with senior administrators to develop short- and long-term plans to further the overall College outreach.
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive media and public relations strategy, including pitching stories to various media outlets (academic publications and general media).
· Writes press releases on all topics related to the College and reviews all press releases prior to distribution that may be written within the three Manhattan College schools.
· Represents the College to various external and community organizations, establishing solid working relationships on an on-going basis.
· Researches and writes speeches and other critical communications for senior leadership of the College.
· Serves as the spokesperson representing the College and is the first line of contact for reporters.
· Develops a breadth of contacts within the Manhattan College community at all levels as well as a breadth of contacts with the media.
· Identifies and leverages opportunities to positively promote the visibility and reputation of Manhattan College.
· Works closely with the Office of the President, particularly the General Counsel, in matters dealing with crisis communications.
· Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred), preferably in journalism, English, or a related discipline
· Eight - 10+ years' experience in an academic or professional services setting working in media relations/corporate communications
· Exceptional written and oral communications skills
· Proven ability to work across disciplines, maintaining a professional demeanor under stressful conditions
· Exceptional work ethic, with a willingness to work beyond a normal eight-hour work day, including responding to demanding situations as they occur
Salary: $90K - $100K
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from historically under-represented segments of the population are encouraged to apply, as well as those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
Manhattan College is committed to ensuring equal access to its educational programs and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex/gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/partnership status, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, caregiver status, credit history, arrest/conviction record, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, or any other legally protected status. This policy adheres to the requirements of Title Seven, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Federal Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, and seeks to implement the objective and methods set forth in the Department of Labor. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated cooperation from all members of the Manhattan College Community. We as a College Community must always demonstrate sensitivity and respect for our co-workers, colleagues, students, visitors and alumni...of diverse cultural background. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effo...rt to carry out the Affirmative Action plans of the College. Historically, Manhattan College was founded by the Christian Brothers. Due to the significant shortage of Christian Brothers, Manhattan College gives special consideration to qualified Christian Brothers when filling vacant positions.