Established in 1809, Miami University is consistently ranked among the top 50 national public universities by U.S. News & World Report for providing students with an Ivy League-quality education at a public school price. Located in the quintessential college town of Oxford, Ohio—with regional campuses in Hamilton and Middletown, a learning center in West Chester, and a European study center in Luxembourg—Miami serves more than 21,600 undergraduates across 120 areas of study, and more than 2,500 graduate students through 70 master’s and doctoral degree programs.
Miami University’s Communications and Marketing department has been charged with building and maintaining the university’s brand on a local, regional, and national stage. This dynamic and award-winning team is comprised of nearly 70 marketing and communications professionals and is looking to hire an administrative associate.
The administrative associate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the smooth operations of the department, ensuring efficient workflow, and maintaining a cohesive work environment. Key responsibilities include monitoring the unit's budget, closely tracking expenditures, preparing requisitions and purchase orders, and supervising staff. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effectively.
This position has been approved for remote work. Remote work is not a right, it is a work arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason, including the convenience of the University.
- Oversees operations of the unit; sets priorities; ensures smooth work flow; enforces policies and procedures; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties. Utilizes department or University policies, procedures, and practices to answer routine inquiries. Resolves problems based on precedents.
- Provides advice, counsel, and information regarding department's activities to students, faculty, or staff.
- Supervises University Communications and Marketing’s operations program associate, enforces policies and procedures; establishes operations team schedules and assigns tasks; reviews and evaluates performance. Provides work direction to students and staff and, as assigned, oversees the day-to-day operation of the department. Often has notable accountability for the work results of support staff or department functions.
- Gathers and analyses statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Monitors unit's budget; maintains inventory of supplies; prepares requisitions and purchase orders; authorizes limited expenditures.
- Analyzes, maintains, and monitors confidential academic and budgetary records and databases. Generates standard and custom reports by analyzing source data and completes custom projects.
- Performs administrative work that is typically operational or procedural in nature relating to the department or projects. Independently performs complex and diverse administrative duties.
- Handles highly confidential materials on a routine basis.
- Types and proofreads correspondence, reports and forms; corrects grammar and formats errors; drafts brief correspondence of a routine nature.
- Provides project support to University Communications and Marketing team members. Conducts special projects as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act: Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
“Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education, with complementary quality graduate programs, and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs with faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions. Faculty and staff are highly valued for their contributions toward the Miami experience. Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and stable work environment as they work to support the university’s educational mission. Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati, with regional campuses located in Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio, and a center in Luxembourg. Known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Miami, the nation's tenth oldest public university, is recognized for its striking red brick Georgian-style architecture and tree-shaded lawns. Take a Virtual Tour from our website.”