Under general direction, writes, edits, and coordinates the design and production of University/School of Law print publications, marketing collateral, digital content and social media; upholds strict editorial quality control of Web content; communicates information within the University and to outside audiences; supervises and participates in researching stories; advises staff and coordinates special editorial projects.
1.Â Â Â Â Designs and produces the School of Law alumni magazine, which includes working collaboratively with law school stakeholders to write and produce timely content. Additionally, edits a wide range of School of Law and/or departmental publications, including brochures, recruitment and promotional materials, forms, and various communication projects; interacts with clients to understand needs and follow-through with various projects; tracks assignments, overseeing production from initial concept to final printing.
2. Oversees editorial control of content contributed to internal newsletters and the website to maintain the highest level of quality and accuracy of information in the School of Law and ensure brand standards are met.
3. Oversees School of Laws social media accounts, establishes editorial calendars and works closely with communications colleagues and law students to produce high quality and engaging content.
4. Interviews students, alumni, faculty and staff to develop content and story ideas to be used to promote the School of Law's mission and to gather information and data for publication; develop story ideas and write and edit articles specificallyfor the website; identifies topics of
interest to promote institutional objectives; reads, evaluates and modifies materials submitted for publication and dissemination; serves as liaison to central Marketing Communications for Newslink production
5.Â Â Â Â Establishes production schedules and general operating procedures for the magazine and website; determines placement of stories and accompanying materials; coordinates with the graphic designer on design and printing services to ensure timely and cost effective
production; participates in budget planning
6. Supervises and assigns meaningful professional opportunities for the communications assistant (student worker) through mentoring and providing quality work-related tasks.
7 . May serve as backup in the absence of the Director (coordinate media interviews, send press
Â Â releases, etc.).
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS. AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of public relations and marketing and its role in an educational environment
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Strong understanding of the AP stylebook
Interpersonal/human relation skills
Planning/organizational Â skills
Creativity and flexibility skills
Computer skills in desktop publishing
Basic photography skills
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
Ability to meet deadlines
Strong attention to details
- Expert knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms is preferred. (i.e. Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat)
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, plus (post-graduation) 2-4 years of related experience.
Applicants must upload the following items in the application:
a cover letter
a resume/curriculum vitae
at least one or two writing samples (published or unpublished)
This position will require the individual to work primarily in the office, with the flexibility to work remotely one day/week as well as one rotating Friday per month upon completion of initial onsite training and familiarizing with department work and operations in compliance with the requirements of the SLU Remote Staff Flexible Work Policy.
Saint Louis University(SLU) is a private, co-educational Jesuit university located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Founded in 1818 by the Most Reverend Louis Guillaume Valentin Dubourg SLU is the oldest university west of the Mississippi River. The University has campuses in St. Louis, Mo. and Madrid, Spain. SLU values academic excellence, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service. For nearly 200 years, the University has gone beyond teaching facts and figures, encouraging students to form ideas and identities. Today, SLU students are nearly 14,000 strong. The University has invested vast resources to advance academic programs and enhance the student experience. SLU also is a major research institution where premier researchers tackle local and global challenges. And the University's commitment to community service has earned it national acclaim and bolstered its status as a character-building college.