To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience. Six years of relevant experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills.
- Builds collaborative relationships with internal colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Effective time management skills.
- Familiarity with managing social accounts and serving as the primary administrator.
- Advanced graphic design and non-linear editing skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in social media and proactive, strategic communication are essential. Confidence and familiarity working with web technologies, including basic HTML and CMS tools (such as SIDEARM). Advanced and demonstrated knowledge of statistical programs (such as NCAA Live Stats and StatCrew).
- Ability to travel occasionally and work on weekends and evenings.
- Ability to frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, use a telephone and stand/walk. Occasionally climb stairs, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds, kneel/crawl, reach/work above shoulders and grasp forcefully.
- Familiarity with elements of Adobe Creative Suite
At DAPER we know diverse teams make better decisions for everyone, so we encourage people of all abilities and backgrounds to apply. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
The expected pay range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.