Leadership 30 % · Provide leadership and supervision for admissions operations
· Serve as the functional lead for collaborating with ITCS, IPAR, Academic Operations, and other ECU departments
· Manage admissions processing, incoming/outgoing mail (electronic and paper), and admissions data reporting
· Supervise the Undergraduate Admissions tech team, processors, and mail operations personnel.
· Serve as a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Senior Leadership team
Technical Operations 30% · Responsible for providing data analysis for undergraduate admissions, assuming primary responsibility for data analysis, including data cleaning, data management, and statistical analysis tasks, identifying, and solving integrity data issues, and tracking, organizing, and maintaining data and metrics.
· Serve as the office lead in providing reports to the UNC System Office, the UG recruitment team, UG processors, and Academic Operations staff. This position will write, create, and develop reports in the following systems:
· Target X
· ECU Bic
· Wisr · Manage all third-party systems including Mongoose, Main Stay, WISR/Ship Mates, CFNC, Common App, College Board, and Encoura
- Mongoose: Manage imports to and from Mongoose to ensure data integrity and tracking in Target X. Assist with setting up campaign filters, content, and timing.
- Main Stay: Mange the sharing of data between Target X and Main Stay. Create and fulfill text campaigns, schedule counselor coverage for incoming questions, and provide detailed reports on student engagement.
- Wisr/Shipmates: Conduct the daily imports to ensure all admitted freshman have access to Shipmates. Trouble shoot technical issues for the recruitment team.
- CFNC: Serve as primary CFNC contact, conduct imports of applications into Target X, conduct annual updates, ensure the integrity of all data sent to TX
- Common App: Serve as primary contact, import application data into TX, develop outreach plan for started not submitted apps in the CA system
- College Board and Encoura: Process test score imports and implement processes to decrease duplicates. Manage the import of all purchased names and create a more efficient process for ensuring proper matching
- Lead the training of admissions staff on operational systems
Coordination 25% · Work with University Marketing to implement segmented communication plans
· Collaborate with members of office leadership to create efficiencies and recommend improvements to the AVC & Director for UG Admissions
· Collaborate extensively with the AVC & Director for Undergraduate Admissions and the Director for Admissions Operations to continually improve technical efficiencies through the CRM and Banner:
- Ensure accurate data feeds to and from Target X to Banner, Xtender, other University systems.
- Create extensive report templates in Target X for the recruitment team, leadership team, mail team, customer service team, and external constituents.
- Implement procedures to reduce the number of duplicates in the TX system
- Create a process for eliminating the endless loop that stops students from applying if they already have an account in TX
- Examine current process for requiring all high school transcripts and determine if a more efficient process can be created for the future
- Develop an email notification to students when an item is added to their application checklist
- Collaborate with Financial Aid to add general financial aid information to TX so that more strategic follow up can occur regarding the complex financial aid process
- Work with the Registrar's Office to improve the convoluted Change of Term process
- Serve as the primary Target X contact for Undergraduate Admissions and lobby TX to add much needed improvements on their long-term road map
- Collaborate with University Marketing to create much more segmented and strategic communication plans in Target X and Pardot
Customer Service 15% · Oversee the technical support customer service system – Manage the daily processing of information technology tickets in the Team Dynamics system. Provide training to improve customer service and ticket turn-a-round time.
· Continually develop improvements to the student experience of applying and enrolling to the university
· Other duties as assigned
*This position is contingent upon available funding.
Special Instructions To Application:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Two to three original letters of reference are required for employment. Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. For management roles, a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience is required
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 944603
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Undergraduate Admissions Office is responsible for identifying, attracting, recruiting, and enrolling students in sufficient numbers to meet the University's enrollment projections while improving the academic profile of the incoming student population. The office annually processes approximately 36,000 applications for admission. These include freshmen, transfer, readmit, visitor, non-degree, pre-college, and auditor students. To generate and process applications from these prospective students, the office is involved in many public relations, marketing, customer service, and other outreach activities to cultivate inquiries for additional information about ECU/application materials. These inquiries are received via mail, phone, email, and third-party search sources and currently exceed well over 100,000 in quantity for one calendar year.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.