Senior Associate Director Undergraduate Admissions
East Carolina University
Location: Greenville, North Carolina
Internal Number: 57617
This Senior Associate Director position is responsible for the management of admission applications processing, incoming and outgoing mail, and admission data reporting. This position is vital to meeting both office and university enrollment goals through strategic planning, and ensuring effective/efficient processing of admission applications. It provides supervision to three unit heads and 18 support staff members. It serves as the functional lead with the institution's Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) in requesting and implementing ongoing enhancements to Banner SCT software.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership and supervision for admissions operations
· Serve as the office's functional lead for all operational initiatives
· Serve as the functional lead for collaborating with ITCS, IPAR, and Academic Operations
· Manage admissions processing, incoming/outgoing mail (electronic and paper), and admissions data reporting
· Working closely with the Director of Admissions Operations to continually improve technical efficiencies through the CRM and Banner
Technical Operations 30%
· Ensure data quality and integrity within all systems and reports
· Serve as the office lead in providing reports to the UNC System Office, the UG recruitment team, UG processors, and Academic Operations staff
· Manage all third-party systems including Mongoose, Main Stay, WISR/Ship Mates, CFNC, Common App, College Board, and Encoura
· Lead the training of admissions staff on operational systems, UNC System policies, and University policies and procedures
· Work with University Marketing to implement segmented communication plans
· Collaborate with members of office leadership to create efficiencies and recommend improvements to the AVC & Director for UG Admissions
· Maintain extensive partnerships with academic units to ensure the units have access to the data needed to yield admitted students
· Collaborate extensively with the AVC & Director for Undergraduate Admissions and the Director for Admissions Operations
· Other duties as assigned
Customer Service 15%
· Oversee the technical support customer service system
· Continually develop improvements to the student experience of applying and enrolling to the university
This position is contingent upon available funding.
Special Instructions To Application:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Two to three original letters of reference are required for employment. Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
An earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in higher education admissions, demonstrated leadership responsibilities, and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 944603
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Undergraduate Admissions Office is responsible for identifying, attracting, recruiting, and enrolling students in sufficient numbers to meet the University's enrollment projections while improving the academic profile of the incoming student population. The office annually processes approximately 36,000 applications for admission. These include freshmen, transfer, readmit, visitor, non-degree, pre-college, and auditor students. To generate and process applications from these prospective students, the office is involved in many public relations, marketing, customer service, and other outreach activities to cultivate inquiries for additional information about ECU/application materials. These inquiries are received via mail, phone, email, and third-party search sources and currently exceed well over 100,000 in quantity for one calendar year.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.