Help lead health care IT into the future. Our Information Technology professionals play a key role in excellent patient care. ??If you like the idea of making a positive change in people???s lives ??? apply today.
As an IT Systems Engineer, you will provide customer support on all audio-visual-related tasks, including consulting with customers, installing and configuring equipment, training on new audio-visual equipment and applications, and troubleshooting hardware/software problems as they arise. This position will also partner with our other IT teams to evaluate our customers' needs and work to implement new AV solutions.
In this role, you will be required to travel frequently to different Banner locations, so reliable transportation is essential.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company???s business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team and is able to plan, design, implement and support some company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Participates in scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Provides input to project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team member of the department or project groups. Demonstrates teamwork by participating and performing tasks as defined by the team.
4. Produces technical input for designs to complex processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess an associate/vocational degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.