Competitive salary with benefits based on background and experience.
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
Director of Communications & Social Media. For full consideration, all application materials should be submitted electronically by Oct. 7, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. Based in Charlotte, N.C., the Big South Conference is a 10-member NCAA Division I conference that sponsors 19 championship sports, and has consistently ranked in the Top 12 nationally in social media engagement, including the Top 5 among FCS conferences.
* Serve as Social Media Director for social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and SnapChat. Manage and develop monthly content calendar for all conference social platforms (including Facebook and LinkedIn).
* Handle all creative as assigned, including website and social media images/graphics, including publications, as well as video highlight clipping.
* Serve as the primary contact for selected sports including, but not limited to: women’s soccer, men’s soccer, women’s basketball, women’s lacrosse and baseball. Generate weekly awards, graphics, reports and content for these sports on a regular basis.
* Assist in all aspects of media relations.
* Oversee and assist with marketing partnership social media content.
* Develop effective and creative communications strategies to generate the maximum coverage of Big South athletics.
* Assist with various promotional campaign development, such as PSAs, as well as Strategic Plan initiatives.
* Assist with promotion of Olympic Sport Conference Championships, including strategies and execution, and travel to and coverage of specific Big South championships.
* Assist in maintaining and updating the League’s website
* Handle hiring of annual Public Relations/Social Media Intern position, including necessary training and on-boarding.
* Other duties as assigned by the Associate Commissioner, Senior Associate Commissioner and Commissioner.
Bachelor’s degree. A background in graphic design, communications or journalism is strongly desired.
A minimum 3 years of full-time experience in sports information or related field. Conference office experience a plus.
Strong skills and experience using Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Word. Knowledge and/or expertise with using Illustrator a plus.
Social media experience, including but not limited to video creation/editing, Twitter, Instagram
Solid writer with strong organizational, computer and communication skills, and detail-oriented.
Familiarity with Genius Live Stats platform, Stat Crew software and SIDEARM website capabilities.
Ability to work independently and efficiently on a variety of time-sensitive projects, as well as nights and weekends where applicable.
Founded in 1983, the Big South Conference has been an exemplary leader in college athletics, dedicated to developing student-athletes through the pursuit of excellence in the classroom, community and field of play. The league’s growing presence as an NCAA Division I athletic conference is made evident by its multitude of athletic accomplishments, innovative marketing and media partnerships, increased television packages and most importantly, its commitment to fostering the academic, personal, social, athletic and leadership development of its student-athletes. Comprised of 10 member institutions (Campbell University, Charleston Southern University, Gardner-Webb University, High Point University, Longwood University, Presbyterian College, Radford University, UNC Asheville, USC Upstate and Winthrop University) sharing a common geographic region and similar academic values and purposes, the Big South’s remarkable history of achievement is characterized by the league’s 19 championship sports and the profound academic and life successes of its more than 3,800 student-athletes. The Big South Conference: Where Winners Are Made.