Responsible for providing strategic and visionary leadership, and administrative oversight of professional programs and continuing education. The Director will be responsible for creation, expansion, management and implementation of a variety of professional educational programs (continuing education and workforce development), products, and services that enhance the School's portfolio of lifelong learning. The Director will develop and sustain networks with individuals and organizations across pharmacy and health professions education, including global education partners, to create programming. The Director will develop and promote marketing initiatives through public relations efforts for the growth of the department and specific programs within a self-supporting model. The Director will work collaboratively to achieve mutually agreed upon goals and objectives, build community relationships to promote programs and assess future training needs of the community that support the efforts of continuing education within the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and across Bouve that involves working collaboratively with other continuing education programs to share ideas, best practices, and insure consistency in their development, promotion, execution, and systems.
Knowledge of integrating learning instructions and assessment research, principles, and theories in educational programs; adult learning and continuing education assessment, theories, and practices; a variety of marketing concepts; coursework development; and Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications. Skilled in the following areas: motivating subordinates others within the school to exert the effort necessary to attain organizational and departmental goals; Delivering a high level of customer service; Attention to detail; Planning, forecasting, setting objectives and determining courses of action. Ability to: manage, implement and lead the successful development and implementation continuing education and workforce development programs and opportunities; Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public; Organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and operational effectiveness; Build relationships, manage customer expectations, and take responsibility for a high level of service with internal and external customers; Manage conflict in an adaptive and agile manner; Accurately manage a budget.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Network with individuals in pharmacy and health professions education, higher education, and technology and community engagement to ensure a broad spectrum of programming and outreach for the School constituencies.
2) Collaborates with relevant agencies to determine the current demand for various occupational and workforce development initiatives. Fosters business partnership outreach and community growth. Recruits qualified individuals to provide high-quality education and training and track course progress and support success.
3) Solicits and obtains business and industry client contracts for the program utilizing general marketing and sales industry skills. Helps identify and secure appropriate institutional resources to support professional development of targeted workforce and continuing education instructors and staff.
4) Develops schedule of courses, monitors enrollments, course participation, and faculty. Analyzes enrollment data, assists with scheduling and staffing decisions, and adjusts course offerings in response to industry needs. Improve efficiency and efficacy of programming to constituencies by working with individuals within the College/School and others to ensure all programs and services are implemented with an emphasis on quality and timeliness of topic
5) Coordinates and directs communications, programs, services, activities and information between administrators, faculty, personnel, businesses, educational institutions, outside organizations, students, the public and various local, state and federal agencies to provide consultation and technical expertise.
6) Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly to you. Monitors and evaluates the performance of employees. Develops and trains staff.
7) Conducts all tasks related to the preparation of the annual and other periodic budgets for the office. Acquires and implements external funding to support the presenting program and outreach activities. Works with college and school offices to research and apply for federal, state, and local grants as appropriate. May include the research and writing of grant proposals, interim and final reports.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.