The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Senior Manager will serve as part of the core staff for the Political Engagement Division, executing the vision of the Vice President, National Political Director and Chief Political Strategist as it relates to our independent political activities. The Senior Manager will develop fundraising strategies to ensure the continued growth of the Voter Education program. The Senior Manager will be responsible for independently managing the day-to-day operations of the program. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with experience leading fundraising and/or political campaigns.
Oversee and manage all day-to-day activities of the Voter Education program, including donations and expenditures.
• In partnership with the Vice President, National Political Director develop long and short-term fundraising strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Partner cross-functionally and cross-vertically to develop political and advocacy collateral.
• Lead the creation and development of campaigns, solicitations, promotional and educational materials.
• Work with counsel, accounting team and external vendor to ensure full compliance with all legal requirements, particularly those of the Federal Election Commission and IRS.
• Perform election and candidate research and coordinate polling.
• Ensure flawless financial records and manage voter education data in Client Relationship Management system (CRM).
• Oversee the administrative and expenditure budgets for the Voter Education accounts each fiscal year and election cycle.
• In coordination with the VP, oversee logistics and provide support for 8-10 member CEO-level advisory council.
• Work across departments to achieve program, departmental and organizational goals.
• Perform other duties as necessary to achieve departmental goals.
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Communications, or related field.
• At least five to seven years of relevant campaign or political experience.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, projects, tasks, and information/requests.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing political environment.
• Campaign and/or trade association experience.
• Fundraising experience preferred.
• Experience managing vendor relationships.
• Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites.
• Ability to travel (<20%).
• Experience working with Client Relationship Management (CRM) software strongly preferred.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.