Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Patient Order Service Center (POSC) for Banner Health answers inbound room service calls from hospital patients and their families with a high level of personalized service in a customer centric environment. As the Call Center Order Representative, you will enter detailed patient order information into room service order entry system ensuring accuracy of orders. You will access and use database information to effectively meet the dietary needs of the patients. The department is a fast-paced work environment with a focus on details and patient satisfaction. Teamwork is a focus for all department employees. The call center employees work is designed to collectively meet Banner's goals emphasizing excellent customer service and making a difference in our customer's lives.
In this role, you will process all room service related calls and enter all daily patient meal selections and preferences for multiple facilities and patient units. You will provide a high level of customer service to callers. You will be accessing patient menu orders within software system while providing knowledge of appropriate menu items and makes suggestions to patients. You will make outbound calls to patients who missed meals or need additional services.
Work Schedule: Full Time- 40 hours per week
Shift Info: 10:30am-7:00pm with rotating weekends
New hires at Banner Health may qualify for participation inArizona's Back to Work Program; which provides a one-time payment of $2,000 for eligible participants! Additional information about this program may be found at AZDES.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and processes all room service orders and order entry for multiple facilities in a centralized call center environment. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility room service related calls. This position escalates calls to Culinary and Nutrition at each facility when appropriate. Position accurately and efficiently enters appropriate data into Culinary systems.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Processes all room service related calls. Enters or records all daily patient meal selections and preferences for multiple facilities and patient units.
2. Understands and appropriately utilizes culinary systems as it relates to modified diets, food and menu relating to patients. Requests Diet Tech or Dietitian assistance when needed. Able to read, understand and present to patients standard information for prescribed diet.
3. Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls and responds to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to facility guidelines.
4. Provides excellent customer service on the phone and resolves customer complaints effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates the appropriate knowledge of diets, allergies and types of food to better assist the caller.
5. Utilizes Cerner (View Only) to follow-up with diet/allergy order concerns to better assist the patient and nursing partners. Understands when to make the appropriate changes in the food suite when necessary.
6. In compliance with JHACCO, completes daily missed meal reports/ outbound calls to ensure our patients have the proper nutrition. Accurately prepares reports sent to the appropriate facility.
7. Demonstrates the appropriate knowledge in using Banner's payment system to collect revenue from callers, while also making sure we are in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
8. This position interacts with patients and families, other food service staff, nursing staff, dietetic technicians and dietitians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Skills and knowledge of nutrition services as typically gained through one to two years of related experience. Must possess excellent customer service, oral and written communication, listening skills and attention to detail to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basic computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Additional skills and knowledge in call center or food service environments preferred. Bilingual skills preferred in some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.