Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement Program Director
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R46285
Rev Cycle Cont Imprvmnt-Corp
Primary Location Salary Range:
$35.70/hr - $59.50/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
In 2021, Banner Health was awarded the designation of "Top Revenue Cycle Performance for Large Systems" during the Revenue Cycle Excellence Awards held by Crowe, a national public accounting, consulting and finance service company. The Banner Health Revenue Cycle team was selected for this distinguished designation out of 1,400 large hospitals across the country. Join a team recognized for the innovative and effective strategies that have enabled us to achieve excellence in revenue cycle performance.
Corporate Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement supports the Banner Health Facility CFO's and Facility Directors to enhance understanding of associated net revenue functions and outcomes of each Facility This team is critical to ensure revenue at the local level. They are crucial in supporting accurate reporting for data driven decisions.
The Revenue Cycle (RC) Continuous Improvement Program Director will act as the liaison between our finance and operational reporting. This position will also work directly with facility CFOs, C-suite and directors for facilities with an average monthly gross revenue of $100,000,000 as the Revenue Cycle department key contact representative to the facility. Each RC Continuous Improvement Program Director will be tasked with reviewing data and working directly with stakeholders to ensure teams understand, are kept apprised, aligned, and making appropriate decisions based on the results. Functions include denial analysis, revenue leakage and ad hoc request. The person in this role will have the opportunity to be a part of an energized team ready to make a difference and excited about the direction of this program.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides a leadership role in Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement (CI) analysis, improvement, implementation and measurement under the guidance of the Director of Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement. This position will also work directly with facility CFOs, C-suite and directors for facilities with an average monthly gross revenue of $100,000,000 as the Revenue Cycle department key contact representative to the facility. This position collaborates and works closely with corporate, facility and discipline team leaders to enhance understanding of associated net revenue functions and outcomes. Also provide solutions that will lead to system-wide, standardized best practices in Revenue cycle to the benefit of Banner and operational units while assisting in the implementation of the improvement solutions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Utilizes Revenue Cycle data to identify leading trends and root cause opportunities to engage key stakeholders in the Revenue Cycle and Clinical operational areas to validate root cause, craft solution, implement improvement and monitor outcome.
2. Reports progress, risks and requests for escalation to facility Executive leadership for Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement projects and findings.
3. Provides support for facilities with monthly gross revenue greater than $100,000,000 and/or advanced level complexity of projects.
4. Manages facility specific Revenue Cycle CI initiatives, projections while aligning with enterprise-wide initiatives to ensure standardized best practice and strategic integrity. Ensures coordination with other relevant system leaders in the research, define and design process.
5. Develops materials including communication, training, policies, procedures and monitoring to ensure successful implementation of the improvement solution.
6. Lead facility recurring Continuous Improvement committees to communicate progress, risks, escalations and large project proforma to ensure effectiveness of the CI Program and assist facility leadership in understanding their facility performance, challenges and needs for improvement by addressing root cause process gaps.
7. Provides support, coordination, and education on Revenue Cycle related issues to facility leaders.
8. Assist the leadership teams in the development of strategic continuous improvement plans for their businesses. Acts as the lead for enterprise-wide initiatives and projects.
9. Position is a corporate based position and functions as a subject matter expert. Supports the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for system. The work requires advanced leadership, problem solving skills and is involved with identifying and resolving operational problems. Continually develops improvement processes as related to hospital services revenue integrity.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Management or related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 7 years of leadership or consulting revenue cycle and revenue integrity experience and knowledge (patient billing/clean claims; health information management; etc.). Requires strong human relations, organizational, process improvement and project management and communication skills as well as demonstrated leadership skills. This position requires the understanding of patient billing systems and business processes in a highly complex environment. A strong working knowledge of government payer programs and reimbursement methodologies (CMS, AHCCCS, CHAMPUS) and of managed care programs is essential.
Must have advanced computer skills with strong working knowledge of IT systems, applications and functions from clinical and business perspectives.
Previous leadership experience preferred; MBA preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.