Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Patient Order Service Center (POSC) for Banner Health answers inbound room service calls from hospital patients and their families with a high level of personalized service in a customer centric environment. As the CEC Lead , you will monitor and help a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organization. The team lead motivates and inspire their team members, while also taking patient meal orders in a fast- paced environment. In this role you will conduct new hire training and support team members with ongoing training and development. Challenges the agent to think quickly, critically and responsibly while delivering excellence in the customer's journey and overall experience.
Work Schedule: 6:00am-2:30pm, with rotating weekends
Together with our business partners we are using technology to innovate and leverage a best in class experience for our customers. As Arizona's largest healthcare employer, we are proud to share our vision of the future which makes healthcare easier so life can be better.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This lead level position is responsible for providing support to the CEC functional area assigned and respective leadership team and serves as a team resource. This role helps to build partnerships with other departments with the customer's needs in mind. This position is also responsible for performing the core job duties of the department as needed, training new and existing employees, coaching and providing feedback to team members as appropriate. Using a broad understanding of customer engagement strategies, this position assists with the overall quality, monitoring ACR and other customer satisfaction goals, metrics and requirements necessary to provide an exceptional customer experience that is easy, empathetic and differentiated in the marketplace.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Trains, monitors and coaches agents in the CEC to deliver an easy, empathetic and differentiated patient experience in the specific CEC department. Able to identify areas of opportunity in the call flow process, coach and develop agents to handle essential functions within the department requirements. Receives and initiates calls to/from internal and external customers and recognizes when to escalate issues to leadership. Acts as a team resource to contact center agents assisting with questions and complex scenarios that require additional attention.
2. Utilizes effective thought leadership in identifying creative solutions to challenging processes and seeks alternatives to them. Plays a quality assurance role in supporting the department's QA/Auditing process to meet organizational standards and ensure a robust customer experience.
3. This role will act as a representative to perform core job duties of the department based on business needs, volumes and/or demand as needed. Effectively leverage and support department utilization of software systems specific to functional area.
4. As a subject matter expert, ensure appropriate procedures and guidelines are performed and followed by agents in the contact center. Provides customer with information, instruction, general directions, and answers to questions specific within the department requirements and preferences. Refers questions to medical offices or department leaders as appropriate.
5. Provides feedback to the supervisor as appropriate on training opportunities. Provides real-time support to contact agents in the in-bound call setting. This role provides floor oversight in the contact center acting as an immediate resource to team members to diffuse escalations, address complex situations and resolve problems.
6. Effectively communicates and builds impactful relationships through written, digital and verbal channels to customers, both internal and external. Ensures an easy, empathetic, solution-orientated patient experience, included but not limited to phone, chat, email, electronic messaging and other digital channels. Anticipates customer needs and responds accordingly.
7. Facilitates new hire training and provides continuing education to address agent learning and development as needed. The lead serves as a role model within the department and supports the organization through partnering with peers to improve their performance. The lead helps to identify opportunities to improve the patient experience and onboarding new learners via peer to peer coaching in and outside a classroom setting.
8. The Customer Experience Center Lead supports work flow, answers questions, and provides real-time feedback to and training to support improvement and development of the contact center agent. The Lead is capable of all agent functions, roles and responsibilities in the area they work in. This role is a "go to" person for other team members as needed.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires proficiency typically obtained with 3 years of experience in a contact center, customer care environment or healthcare. Must possess the ability to think critically in stressful situations, effectively communicate both written and verbally, strong computer skills and functional knowledge of systems and applications and possess the ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional solutions / service oriented demeanor at all times. Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced contact center environment and excellent communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers, providers and clinic operations. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills to display the ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of benefit-oriented subjects.
Prior experience as a lead in similar environment pertaining to healthcare or customer care environment preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.