Senior Practice Manager Bariatric & General Surgery
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R52603
C/P-BGMC Gen Surg-Clinic
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!!
The providers and employees at our Banner Weight Loss And General Surgery Locations are committed to providing comprehensive care for patients. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with our patients and create personalized care plans to support each patient's specific needs. We provide compassionate care and believe in involving patients in their own care, as much as possible. Bring your dedication and determination to succeed. You will have daily opportunities to strengthen your supervisory abilities, and utilize your decision making skills to make a difference in the lives of out patients and staff.
Our two locations are comprised of both Bariatric & General Surgery (2 specialties that are not too common within Banner in the east valley). Our surgeons perform state of the art procedures that are well known in the community. Our Gilbert location is on campus with the hospital, so we have access to hospital amenities like coffee shop, cafeteria and gift shop.
The Practice Manager role is unique in the sense that this individual will have the opportunity to develop and market a growing specialty division and be part of a team of Banner leaders who collaborate together in areas such as project management, leadership development, finance and employee engagement. You would work closely with the providers and coordinate communication to ensure cohesiveness within your team. In this role you will have the opportunity to become invested within our Surgical Specialty service line and be successful in providing all customers of Banner Health with an excellent experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
In this position you would will be responsible for leadership of 8+ healthcare providers, 18-20 supporting staff members, 1 practice supervisor and 1 Program Manager ; across two physical locations:
Banner Gateway Weight Loss and General Surgery - 1920 N Higley Rd #308, Gilbert, AZ & Banner Estrella Weight Loss and General Surgery - 9305 W Thomas Rd Ste 360 Phoenix, AZ 85037
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages the day-to-day operations of a large or multi-site outpatient clinic, health center or a complex procedural practice and takes complete ownership for the successful operations including financial, employee engagement and retention, and patient experience. Responsible for ensuring that high quality patient care and customer service is delivered in the most financially efficient way. Works in a strong dyad or triad relationship with the physician practice lead(s) and/or clinical leadership on staff, leader and provider recruitment, development and retention. Collaborates with all Banner leaders in the market and the medical group to provide seamless and integrated service to our patients. Partners with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships /relations and seeks new ways to work together that builds Banner's market share and brand. Partners with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion which includes responsiveness to requests for information from PR/Marketing; identifying and securing providers for media relations opportunities; and providing staff for events that drive exposure/outreach in the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for strong financial performance through ensuring proper controls and practices are followed and documented to secure the financial viability of the practice. Prepares and executes budget; monitors and approves payroll, ordering of supplies, and inventory. Also ensures accurate charge capture.
2. Provides exceptional leadership and promotes teamwork and collaboration. Creates an environment that supports high employee and physician engagement. Strategically selects, on boards, continuously develops, rewards, retains, and provides transparent performance feedback to all staff, leaders, and physicians. Maintains competencies to function in any of the staff roles as needed in order to support efficient operations. If in a clinical capacity, the incumbent must possess the appropriate licensure to function in the role.
3. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the compliance liaison in designated practices.
4. Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates with internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the physical plant on a day-to-day basis to ensure the environment support our employee's engagement and meets our patients' expectations.
5. Collaborates with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships and relationships to attract new customers, retain existing customers and support Banner's desired brand positioning. Partner with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion.
6. Continuously monitors the operations and workflow and revises operational procedures as necessary, in alignment with system practices, to ensure efficiency and drive extraordinary results. Constantly identifies and implements areas for improvement and efficiencies including identified quality indicators. Develops and maintains a culture of safety in order to prevent or reduce errors and improve quality for patients, providers, and staff.
7. Provides highest level of patient experience by ensuring data is monitored on a regular basis and staff are constantly exhibiting behaviors and services that our patients expect and deserve. Coach staff as appropriate to optimize the patient experience and lead by example creating a personalized experience for customers. Proactively leads service recovery activities.
8. Responsible for developing and implementing solutions on a project basis for Strategic Initiatives, Service Excellence, or Quality Measures. This work may have broader impact and scope beyond the incumbents assigned practice area. Provides influence and mentorship to less tenured Practice Managers and Supervisors. May also have a Practice Manager I as a direct report(s) and may serve in an interim capacity over a vacant practice.
Requires a level of business, consumer, and financial knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, consumer, finance or related field.
Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be comfortable with and have the skills to lead a small business, while still being able to manage in the confines of an integrated healthcare system. Must possess knowledge of health care, business, retail, service or hospitality industry gained through at least 2 years of experience in a related setting with accountability and responsibility for meeting/exceeding key performance metrics. Requires the ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adjust an operational vision for the clinics under them. Has a high level of interpersonal skills to be able to deal with operational and clinical staff that may have different priorities or views regarding a particular subject or issue. Continually monitors the functioning of the clinic and revises operations as needed. Able to work within a rapidly changing environment while helping to develop and implement a system to ensure that established policies, goals and objectives are achieved. Requires exceptional collaboration, communication, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, leaders, and staff employees. A proven ability to drive team and individual performance to reach or exceed key performance metrics. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion in an ambiguous environment. The ability to practice flexibility, maintain composure, show courage, and apply change management skills is required.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional experience or education within the field of business, consumer, finance, and administration. Experience working in a managed care environment or integrated delivery network beneficial.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.