Great careers are built at Banner Health . We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Become an important part of an amazing Facilities Team at Banner Health Corporate Office in Chandler, Arizona . Schedule will start between 9-11am Monday through Friday. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has 1 year of warehouse experience, and is enthusiastic about delivering excellent customer service and uphold our core Banner Values.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works in a senior level role in an assigned area of warehouse operations, including stocking, storage rotation, expiration dates, lot number tracking, picking, packing, storage logistics, order filling, shipping, receiving, customer service and computerized item order entry. Provides leadership and training to junior members of the warehouse staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. As assigned, receives and checks in delivered goods from vendors and returned products from customers. Verifies orders as accurate and intact, including special orders. Documents and communicates damage, shipping errors, and/or other discrepancies. Must demonstrate correct work procedures for dock safety and truck loading and unloading procedures.
2. Maintains an accurate accounting of goods movement. Inputs receipts, returns and corrections into the Materials Management Information System. Follows standard procedures for all system documentation requirements.
3. As assigned, provides training for new staff members in warehouse work procedures and equipment operation.
4. Stores new stock and assures that all items in assigned areas are stored appropriately. Rotates stock in date order and maintains a clean and orderly storage area.
5. Fills orders accurately and in a timely manner. Records orders filled, notes any out-of-stock items or product substitutions for filled orders.
6. As assigned, assists customers with service and supply needs.
7. As assigned, operates and maintains warehouse equipment such as fork lifts, pallet jacks, lift trucks and cleaning equipment. Must be licensed to operate reach trucks, order pickers, pacers and walkie riders and trained to follow all standard operating procedures related to safe operation of equipment to include tether and belt safety, battery care, and charging.
8. Performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned, including the cleaning of floors, storage areas, equipment and building areas. Notifies supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment or unsafe work areas or tools.
9. Works independently under regular supervision. Follows defined procedures. Determines priorities and makes decisions on variances to best meet customer needs.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Upon hire, Forklift Certification is required.
Requires one or more years of demonstrated skill in the use of material handling equipment, and a broad understanding of medical supplies. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, the ability to read and interpret supply requisitions, product labels and equipment directions. Must have demonstrated effective customer service skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. The work requires effective teamworking abilities, and the ability to effectively organize work around multiple priorities. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must have an understanding of warehouse and inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system. Requires accurate data entry and keyboarding skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.