Revenue Cycle Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides a leadership role for Revenue Cycle analytical support for financial positioning and future growth within the entire Revenue Cycle operational areas. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of strategic Revenue Cycle metrics and reviews current operating results to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives. This position is responsible for the direction and supervision of the Revenue Cycle Analytics team members.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Compiles Revenue Cycle data, creates enterprise, regional, and local metric dashboard(s) to provide high level of financial and operational expertise through analysis and interpretation of data. Gathers and challenges assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams and data sources.
2. Serves as leader or subject matter expert in Revenue Cycle data, which includes the initiation and assistance in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances.
3. Manages data and integrity to include ongoing validation and comparison with Revenue Cycle operational activity. Aligns data communication with key stakeholders to ensure consistent data share and interpretation.
4. Provides direction to manage implementation and support for Revenue Cycle information systems to enhance current and future system functionality.
5. May supervise staff as directed by leadership. Provides effective leadership and promotes teamwork both internally and externally. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff.
6. Acts as the project lead for Revenue Cycle Analytics implementation and systems to enhance current and future system functionality. Manages and maintains the training program, schedule, and deployment to Revenue Cycle Analytics team members.
7. Manages day to day relationship with Revenue Cycle and other operational areas Directors and leaders to manage and maintain standardized metrics and data integrity management across the enterprise.
8. Manages all Revenue Cycle Analytics platforms, systems, interfaces and exchanges.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with all levels of hospital and system leadership and staff, physicians, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Management or related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7 years of experience in healthcare Revenue Cycle Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical and modeling skills are necessary.
Previous leadership experience preferred; MBA preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.