The Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Women’s Soccer team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the women’s intercollegiate soccer program, to include:
Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
Scouting of future opponents
Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies
Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s soccer program
Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
Serves as a recruiting coordinator and primary point of contact for recruits
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the women’s intercollegiate soccer program:
Organizes and manages all aspects of program’s camps and clinics
Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate soccer program
Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns
3. Provide supervision of staff of the women’s intercollegiate soccer program by:
Assigning responsibilities of part-time or volunteer staff
4. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising
Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions
Serving in public relations capacities as needed
Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed
Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Performs other related duties as assigned
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• 3 years successful experience in soccer coaching, recruiting and administration at the Division I, II level or equivalent • Working knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations • Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport • Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success • Experience working effectively in diverse environments • Strong organizational skills
Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
Previous playing experience at the Division I, II or III level preferred
Familiarity with technology systems for player development, scouting, etc.
Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Working with goalkeepers experience preferred
Master’s Degree preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.