Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In order to support Banner Health IT's growing and maturing demand management and project portfolio management practices, the position of Associate Director, IT Demand Management is needed.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for planning, organizing and day to day management of cybersecurity systems, applications, projects and professionals. Incumbent participates in the development and implementation of cybersecurity strategies to achieve desired outcomes. Responsibilities also include participation in the management of the cybersecurity financial plans, budgets, performance, and other operational activities for Banner Health's Cybersecurity organization. This position is responsible for the operational oversight of a functional team, including direct HR management responsibilities, within Banner Health. The Incumbent is expected to work with management across diverse areas and multiple states to effectively and efficiently operate the Cybersecurity Department and partner with other parts of Banner's organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Establish priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determine resourcing needs. Hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions and development planning and management.
2. Lead and manage teams to deliver business outcomes, manage quality of delivered services, and mentor Cybersecurity team members.
3. Translates Cybersecurity Strategic Goals into team specific processes and activities. Establish team objectives and develop effective tools to measure and report performance against these objectives.
4. Assists Cybersecurity leadership in developing annual operational budgets. Assists leadership in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
5. Assist cybersecurity leadership in establishing and maintaining meaningful measurable metrics and reporting. Track to resolution customer problems ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality while effectively communicating with all levels of the organization.
6. Provides leadership with support in establishing and delivering the Cybersecurity strategy and leads or participates in the design, direction, and coordination of cybersecurity projects, systems or applications.
7. Provides expertise and direction while participating in the planning of cybersecurity systems and application strategic objectives and goals. Establish and maintain meaningful measurable metrics and reporting.
8. Provides guidance, direction, and oversight for compliance with all federal, state, and local mandated information security laws, rules, and guidelines. Remain current with the latest industry information.
9. Under general direction, this position is responsible for information security across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff and management.
Must possess strong knowledge of business, cybersecurity, information technology and/or computer science as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree. Certification may be required in at least one of the following areas within one year of entering the position. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Payment Card Industry - Internal Security Assessor (PCI-ISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), HealthCare Information Security & Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP), CompTIA Security+ or other certification designated by the Information Security Leader.
Must also possess seven plus years of experience, three of which with supervisory experience, in a healthcare or related environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience. Must demonstrate expertise in information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium to large scale project planning and reporting either individually or in a team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Ability to balance project workloads with customer support and on-call demands. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of products and other tools depending on position requirements.
Advanced degree may substitute for work experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.