Media Relations, Public Relations, Writing/Editing
4 Year Degree
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for developing and overseeing strategic and integrated communications plans for Pepco Holdings (PHI), with a focus on employee and leadership communications. Reports to the director, PHI Portfolio Communications and represents the director and the Communications team’s viewpoint in the director’s absence.
Develop high quality, effective communications on a range of company initiatives, campaigns and updates of particular interest to the employee audience. Provide employees and leaders with the company information they need to successfully execute their roles and understand their connection PHI’s Journey to Success. Promote PHI and Atlantic City Electric, Delmarva Power and Pepco’s reputation with key external stakeholders by developing informative and compelling remarks and presentations for senior leaders attending external events.
Serve as a key liaison with Exelon Corporate Communications and Communications at other Exelon utilities to ensure strategy and alignment of key messages and initiatives across the company. Manage one direct report (maximum of three) along with additional contractors and agencies working on internal communications projects or leader communications.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Portfolio Communications and VP, Corporate Communications, in support of other communications positions. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Lead the development of high quality and effective employee and people leader communications, including company updates, Human Resources and Safety related information. Ensure employees are informed of critical company updates before or at the same time as external audiences.
2. Support the development and execution of integrated communications strategies, working effectively across internal communications, media relations, advertising and marketing, and digital communications to ensure cohesive alignment of activities and resources and the execution of a holistic PHI Communications strategy.
3. Develop speeches, remarks and presentations for the PHI President and CEO and other senior leaders for external events including industry conferences and community and civic meetings.
4. Oversee budget, agencies and contractors for PHI internal communications projects.
5. Ensure alignment of work with Exelon and Pepco Holdings vision and strategy and coordination within and across other Exelon utilities.
•Reports to the Director of PHI Portfolio Communications •Based at a main PHI office location including Washington D.C., Newark Del. or Atlantic City, NJ. •Position has one full-time direct report and one part-time contractor •Required travel •Occasional evening and weekend work
•4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 7 years experience in strategic communications •Excellent writing and editorial skills •Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills •Excellent organizational and project management skills •Proven ability to be innovative and creative •Keen attention to detail •Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior business leaders
•Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field preferred Energy business/industry knowledge preferred •Energy business/industry knowledge •Experience with the development of executive communications •Minimum of one year’s experience as a people leader
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 230958
About Exelon Corporation
We are a Fortune 100 company that works in every stage of the energy business: power generation, competitive energy sales, transmission and delivery. As the nation's leading competitive energy provider, Exelon does business in 48 states, D.C., and Canada and had 2020 revenues of $33 billion. We employ approximately 32,300 people nationwide.