Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Join our Cancer Services at Banner University Medical Center Tucson! Banner University Medical Center Tucson offers a wide range of medical and surgical care options. The one that's right for you depends on your cancer type and its stage. That's why we use the latest technology to detect cancer as early as possible. In addition to treatment options, we also offer many support services for patients and their families. We work closely with you to create a care plan that meets your unique needs. Our treatment services include: Blood and marrow transplantation, Chemotherapy and biologic therapy, Clinical research trials, Genetic counseling and testing, Interventional radiology, and Radiation therapy. At Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you'll also benefit from our integrative services. These services are available to support your whole health during and after your cancer treatment .
Our Associate Director Role will have oversight of Bone Marrow Transplant team and our Supportive Care for Healing Program. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing and mentoring to staff, as well as providing operational support to meet the changing demands for our current and future patients.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5p
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
This position is responsible for the overall leadership of employed physicians' practices, operations and staff within a specific service line. Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. This position serves as a resource for the organization's employed physician practices to address clinic practice and facility issues.
1. Provides leadership for the organization's medical group that contributes to the growth of the organization and positioning as a market leader with employees and the community.
2. Partners with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships and relationships to attract new customers, retain existing customers and support Banner's desired brand positioning. Partner with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion which includes responsiveness to requests for information from PR/Marketing; identifying and securing providers for media relations opportunities; and providing staff for events that drive exposure for Banner and BMG in the community.
3. Promotes high quality of service in all areas of responsibility. Supports process improvements that enhance provision of clinical services, outcomes and patient throughput. Together with the medical group leadership team and other organizational leaders, oversees an organizational structure that assures effective and efficient delivery of patient care in all areas of responsibility.
4. Fosters a culture of employee engagement and service excellence. Role models behaviors congruent with the organization's principles and values. Establishes high performance standards for service outcomes and works with leadership team to meet standards. Matches service delivery with service expectations, managing service improvement opportunities and sets the standard for a culture of recognition and celebration.
5. Ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new practices and services and allocates financial, informational and physical resources for improvement activities.
6. Focuses on partnering with other departments within the organization to improve delivery of patient care through employed physician practices, increase revenue potential and decrease costs.
7. This position serves as a leader for business health services and is responsible for developing the areas of responsibility to fit the organization's mission, vision and values and ensure operational goals are clearly communicated and measured. This position has administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaboration within an integrated healthcare system, including working with centralized system service departments, health plans, leadership teams is required.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/ or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or health services administration. Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare management as normally demonstrated through at least five years of healthcare management experience.
Must possess the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills. Employees working at the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.