Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Outreach and Entrepreneur Recruitment, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Outreach and Entrepreneur Recruitment has the lead role in generating a strong pipeline of qualified and eligible business applicants for each of three cohorts annually to the grant-funded Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) Program at Community College of Philadelphia. Primary responsibilities include creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing and outreach plan to meet the recruitment goals of the program, making public presentations, hosting information sessions, participating in other events, and making direct pitches to small business owners to enroll in the program.
The Director will identify, develop, and cultivate partnerships with relevant stakeholders, such as business Chambers and associations throughout the region, entrepreneurship training programs, CDFIs and other lending institutions, industry associations, small business and entrepreneurship organizations, commercial corridor organizations in order to ensure robust participation and full enrollment in 10KSB peer learning cohort. This position also coordinates partnership development strategies and implementation with the City of Philadelphia, and other 10KSB Partners in the tri-state area around Philadelphia (approximately 150-mile radius).
This is a grant-funded full-time position. Employment is based on the annual renewal of this grant program currently in its 8th year.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's Degree is required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Five years' experience in business development, recruitment, communications, sales, and/or public relations is required.
• Knowledge of small business programs and stakeholders in the Greater Philadelphia tri-state region and within the 150-mile radius of the site.
• Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and a wide range of business, industry, and community partners.
• Experience in sales or negotiating partnerships to sell a program, product or other resource.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and audience presentation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, preparing PowerPoints, and using Excel is essential.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team.
• Ability to work extended hours to participate in early morning, evening, and/or weekend events.
• Experience utilizing various forms of social media and other communication outlets.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License; position requires regular travel within the tri-state region.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• Experience in the Philadelphia entrepreneurial ecosystem and/or economic development is preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing a marketing and recruitment plan is a plus.
• Experience with graphic design software a plus.
• Fluency in a second language a plus.
Internal Number: 137587891
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive. We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.