Responsible for providing administrative support to the Department of Marketing. Under general supervision, manage the daily operations of the department, provide assistance to students and faculty, provide support to the Business Minor program, monitor Department budgets and track expenditures, arrange meetings and events. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Manage daily operations of the department *Greets and assists visitors and students *Determines and prioritizes student needs *Receives and/or handles incoming calls *Receives and/or processes incoming and outgoing mail *Maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment *Compose basic correspondence primarily related to inquiries and replies *Assist in creating and manage public relations and marketing materials for the department *Assist in the creation of the Department of Marketing magazine highlighting student and faculty achievements throughout the year
2. Provides assistance to students *Provides detailed information regarding programs, services and opportunities *Coordinates student pre-registration *Provides guidance to students in scheduling courses *Deals with confidential information with regard to student records *Assists students in curricular procedures, including department overrides, internship applications, apprentice teaching applications, course registration, etc.
3. Provide administrative support to department and faculty *Assists with preparation of line schedules, teaching schedules, class materials, tenure review and promotion materials *Assists in faculty recruiting process; manages applicant tracking, coordinates on-campus and off-campus interview schedules *Coordinates updates for Department web pages; coordinates and/or makes changes; posts and update materials; serves as primary contact for inquiries and requests *Creates and assists with management of Course Site for Department Faculty *Advises and assists faculty on policies, procedures and protocols
4. Provide administrative support to Business Minor Program *Coordinates application process for Business Minor program *Prepares and disseminates acceptance letters *Provides student guidance in scheduling courses *Responds to administrative needs of director and multiple faculty instructors
5. Maintain budgets and track expenditures *Reviews operating budgets using University's software *Monitors all indexes affiliated with Department Faculty *Tracks expenditures and resolves discrepancies *Researches and develops recommendations for purchases and expenditures *Works within established budgets; follows University budget guidelines and advises Department Faculty of these guidelines *Processes payments and transfers; manages reimbursement procedures for Department Faculty *Assist the Chair in developing and monitoring the operating budget
6. Meeting and event planning and coordination *Schedules appointments and meetings within Department *Prepares and disseminates meeting agenda, materials and/or handouts *Assists in logistical arrangements for Department events; determines and schedules venue, identifies technology needs and disseminates information *Creates flyers, newsletters, invitations and promotional communications *Assist the Chair in the development of value-added events under the broad strategic vision of the department; including working with the development of speakers, event planning and promotional materials
Position Number: S77260
This position is expected to work remotely while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19: in the future this position may have the ability to work both from home and on campus as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position is funded by hard dollars
This position works with minors
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service preferred
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Solid analytical and decision-making skills
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499450
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.