Under general supervision, promotes optimal trauma and/or burn care in the hospital, including implementation of program initiatives, coordination and evaluation of activities. The coordinator's primary areas of responsibility are administration of clinical activities, professional and public education, research activities, quality assurance efforts, and trauma and/or burn operational functions. Additionally, is responsible for developing and implementing standards of care for trauma and/or burn patients, trauma and/or burn care protocols (with the trauma and/or burn directors), and for identifying and correcting problems.
1. Coordinates information flow for trauma and/or burn quality assurance activities, including multidisciplinary staff conferences, morbidity and mortality reviews, and quality assurance meetings. Maintains intimate knowledge of trauma and/or burn care systems from pre-hospital care to inpatient discharge, and identifies system problems. Recommends opportunities for improvement and assists where appropriate in implementation of necessary changes.
2. Assists trauma and/or burn staff and the registrar with the design, development, and maintenance of hospital trauma and/or burn registries and provides data for regional, state and national registry.
3. Assists attending staff/nursing staff with system maintenance, including in-service activities with resident physician/nursing staff. These activities include instruction in trauma and/or burn and injury severity scoring (as applicable), proper documentation, and aspects of evaluation and care of trauma and/or burn patient.
4. Coordinates and participates in outreach efforts, including community/public relations and professional presentations to referring institutions. As applicable, coordinates the institution's program of community education in injury prevention.
5. Remains current with local, statewide and national trends and issues regarding trauma and/or burn care, its organization and funding. May represent hospital in various forums, where appropriate.
6. Assists in developing budget for the trauma and/or burn program.
7. Facilitates studies and research concerning trauma and/or burn care.
8. Acts as resource for patients, patient families, and staff, and helps to ensure that patients receive appropriate consults, and the highest quality of care. Treats others with care and respect, maintaining privacy, confidentiality, and dignity. Maintains a clean, safe environment.
9. Performs additional quality improvement and/or research tasks as requested.
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN). MSN preferred.
2. License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
3. Two years of progressively more responsible leadership experience.
4. Four years of nursing experience, or TCRN certification (Trauma Certified Registered Nurse). Emergency, trauma and/or burn nursing or other relevant clinical background highly desirable.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work productively and amenably with patients and their families, nursing personnel, medical staff, and administrative personnel, occasionally under stressful conditions.
2. Effective written communication skills.
3. Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities to develop and evaluate effectiveness of trauma and/or burn nursing care plans.
4. Ability to initiate and perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
5. Visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate a computer terminal.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105011842
About DMC Receiving Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.