In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
This position provides oversight of charge specialists ensuring timely and accurate charge capture and correction of revenue resulting from hospital services.
Revenue Integrity has become a leading national focus to gain greater visibility for sound financial outcomes/practices, compliance and optimal reimbursement with focus across all continuums of patient care. Revenue Integrity in an integral part of the Revenue Cycle and covers all essentials related to it. We have teams comprised of Charge Capture, Pre-bill, Post-bill and Monitoring (Auditing). RI also utilizes technology to enhance achievement along with an added focus where necessary that may include high dollar accounts, denials, improved A/R days and cash flow while collaborating with many areas such as Billing, Coding, CDM Services Expected reimbursement.
This position provides oversight of charge specialists and revenue cycle analysts ensuring timely and accurate charge capture and correction of revenue resulting from hospital services.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases. This position provides oversight of charge specialists ensuring timely and accurate charge capture and correction of revenue resulting from hospital services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated charge staff within department. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed. Provides oversight and coordination for charge staff who have direct reporting lines to operational leaders.
2. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze statistics and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
3. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with financial data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of financial information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial reporting.
4. Works with other analysts to manage key financial processes within the organization (including operating budgets, forecasts program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis).
5. Provides financial modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis.
6. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for state and federal agencies, administration and corporate to satisfy mandated reporting requirements policy, law or management. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other financial databases, as assigned.
7. May serve as Cost Center/Program CFO (as assigned), which includes the initiation and assistance in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
8. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial and other business reporting purposes.
9. Provides leadership, direction and training for staff reporting to operation leaders; audits and resolves work process problems. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 3 to 4 years of experience in healthcare financial management/analysis work. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.