Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Biomed Technician III , you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Biomed Technician II , you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for independently implementing preventive maintenance, electrical safety and performance verification, and bench and field service repairs on most medical electronic equipment. Assists in and occasionally coordinates equipment installations/project work with supervisory technicians. Participates in training lower level technicians. Provides inservicing to clinical staff on most medical equipment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with and may coordinate equipment installations and project work involving patient care and medical communications technology, and clinical application networks. Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards, and manufacturer's recommendations.
2. Installs, repairs, and calibrates a wide variety of complex patient care equipment, medical communications equipment, PCs, and clinical applications networks to board/module level and occasionally component level through an understanding of electronics theory and applications and fundamentals of LAN networking. Reads detailed electronic schematics. Troubleshoots equipment, instrumentation, and systems utilizing applicable test equipment.
3. Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and quality assurance on all patient care equipment in a timely manner consistent with regulatory standards. Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors/vendors engaged in repair work.
4. Provides customer relations and resolves equipment service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored as quickly as possible. Maintains communication with customers regarding the status of equipment repairs. Proactively solves technology issues when appropriate. Coordinates/schedules service (self, vendor and, when appropriate, other technicians) via management of customer expectations. Performs device investigations related to regulations and/or incident reporting.
5. Identifies the need for patient care equipment education and provides user (physician, nursing, other allied health staff) education on medical equipment.
6. Trains field technicians with less expertise in preventative maintenance and repair of medical equipment, and service delivery methods.
7. Provides direct marketing and sales support to Technology Management internal and external customers.
8. Documents all work performed, maintains parts, supplies, tools, test equipment and technical literature by completing service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains an accurate and current parts inventory. Assists manager in maintaining a comprehensive library of technical literature.
9.This position has a service responsibility in several departments in multiple facilities: regionally and system-wide. Customers are internal and external (including physicians, nurses, other hospital and HMO personnel, veterinary clinics, surgi-centers, walk-in customers, etc.). This position receives direction from the Senior Biomedical Technician or the Technical Services Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of electronics as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate's degree in electronics or equivalent training and seven years progressively responsible work experience in all phases of biomedical instrumentation installation, repair, and maintenance.
Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be proficient at reading and analyzing schematic diagrams, including analog and digital circuits and possess a working knowledge of electrical and electronic fundamentals, including DC and AC circuits, semiconductor theory, digital circuit theory and microprocessor theory. Must also be proficient in Windows PC and network operating systems, PC repair, and have fundamental knowledge in Local Area Network configuration and troubleshooting. Must be knowledgeable in JCAHO standards for the Environment of Care. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12763
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.