Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Join our Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix Facilities Team! You will support the hospital's day to day operations by keeping team members and patients safe by maintaining the facility through preventive and general maintenance work. Come join a team of seasoned trades people with diverse experience and background that makes for an amazing team! Experience working with automatic doors is highly preferred.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs maintenance activities in a wide variety of general maintenance functions to include electrical, plumbing, painting and HVAC. Incumbents are the singular maintenance responder for the facility and report to an off-site supervisor or manager.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds to all maintenance requests, determines priority and action to be taken. Interacts with all levels of management and maintains strong customer service presence.
2. Ensures efficient and effective operation of equipment and maintenance related services as well as doing building inspections. Observes OSHA guidelines for building safety and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean and safe manner. Coordinates coverage in his absence and cross trains as needed.
3. Maintains computerized temperature control of building, makes adjustment as needed to maintain temperatures within established parameters.
4. Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies so as to reduce potential down time. Administers key control policy and maintains and orders key inventory for entire building. Coordinates with Security Department maintenance of the security access system, card readers, gate arms and cameras.
5. Oversees all facility projects and provides direction to internal and external customers to assure project completion. Reviews and maintains appropriate maintenance documentation and building as-builts.
6. This position provides operation and maintenance service to a facility or satellite building and is the single responder to maintenance requests. Incumbents will decide whether work can be performed in-house or whether contract services will be needed. Must be able to work with little or no supervision. The position reports to an off-site supervisor or manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and vocational, technical, HVAC or apprenticeship training.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
The position requires four or more years of diversified work experience as a maintenance technician with demonstrated maintenance or related skills. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) certification is required depending on assignment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes, and State and local building codes. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Journeyman level tradesman. Previous construction experience is preferred. Three to five years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R16801
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.