The System Project Manager executes orders for UnaDyn’s Integrated Systems Group, managing the lifecycle from order entry, internal and external order development/issuance, system design drawing creation and customer approval process, installation contract management and preparation for field-based system commissioning. System Project Managers are responsible for the fiscal well-being of the project as set forth by commercially by the Sales and Applications department. The system schedule of deliverables is developed in accordance with project needs, with internal and external delivery coordinated by the Project Manager to successfully complete the order within time frame and under budget, with documented success. Work is performed in SAP environment with interface to UnaDyn/Piovan Engineering, Accounting and Logistics departments, with reporting to management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Receive project order from Sales/Applications Group, familiarize with technical basis, order content, margin objectives, field constraints and prepare for entry into SAP System
• Evaluate project for Contract Review and manage to approval
• Develop or refine project schedule with internal, external and customer requirement with acknowledgement of timing, using conventional modern software (excel). Monitor schedule bringing non-conforming elements to forefront, advising and engaging management in accordance with risk.
• Delegate or self-enter order in SAP with proper accounting and technical content
• Prepare and Issue Order Acknowledgement to Customer
• Organize and hold Order Kick-off Meeting defining internal and external deliverables, engineering work and drawing needs
• Develop System Drawing Package in conjunction with internal and external technical data, customer requirements and field conditions, seeking approval where required
• Identify, document and source completion of system utilities by self-performance or customer
• Assess 3rd party requirements, seek best project fit and best value alternatives. Remain current on industry standards and technology, establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Obtain and Schedule System Installation Contractors to meet project needs and schedule
• Meet with customer to assess field conditions, scope compliance and responsibilities, as required
• Visit site for Installation Kick-off meeting defining project plan, confirming scope and schedule
• Assess needs, source 3rd party or Administer Project Supervision of installation on site or remotely via contractor
• Assess field conditions and bring site to confirmed Prestart-up condition and communicate with Field Service group
• 10+ years previous project management related experience within the food or plastics industry (previous industry experience is preferred not required).
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCad or viewers, Adobe Acrobat and project management software packages.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• SAP (ERP) business system practical experience (plus)
About Universal Dynamics
Universal Dynamics, Inc. is a leader in the design, manufacture, and installation of auxiliary products for the plastics processing industry. Through decades of innovation, expertise and product excellence, Universal Dynamics has produced all extensive product line for material handling, drying, conveying, feeding, blending, size reduction and heat exchangers.