A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of join us now!
In this role you will lead the Application Architecture team of IT Enterprise Sr. Architects. This critical role ensures that application technologies are appropriate for use, deliver on results, are not duplicative, and that their designs are implemented in an appropriate fashion in support of Cyber Security, operational, financial, and business requirements. Broad based technical knowledge in the information technology stack, work as a business leader with accountability in the day to day management, the success, goals and criteria development of a highly technical business oriented solution architects to deliver artifacts as well as business driven recommendations for the implementation of technology solutions
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is the managerial professional who participates in the development of the strategic direction and objectives for information technology solutions. Evaluates and translates company plan and goals, forming department annual operating and capital budgets. Interacts with management across diverse areas and multiple states participating in the evaluation of company plan and initiatives to develop actionable projects and activities in support of the company's infostructure and infrastructure.
1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
2. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Evaluates and participates in the development of the company strategic direction and plan and determines the high level design, direction, and coordination of information technology projects, and solutions. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to, ensuring current and future reliability and functionality.
4. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals. Formulates multi-million dollar capital and operating budgets in support company's strategic goals and mission. Assembles feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) and return on investment (ROI) calculations in defense of these budgets. Negotiates large scale contracts with vendors and monitors expenditures associated budgets.
5. Provides expertise and is the point person on behalf of information technology to JCAHO, Medicare, auditing firms and other regulatory agencies. Assures that departmental staff is trained and adheres to all local, state and federal regulations.
6. This position has company wide responsibility for a wide range of information technology projects, and hardware and software solutions. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has critical decision-making authority for projects, designs and solutions and works at peer level with management across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent develops content and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad expert knowledge of company policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in related field plus progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 10 years. Must demonstrate superb knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs considerable proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain an effective staff.
Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14852
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.