Laugh, create, give, and love. These are just a few of the positive words of affirmation that describe the culture at Centre for Neuro Skills. We work together as a team and continually inspire each other to lead positive change, learn, and grow. Our commitment to research, innovation, and advances in technology drives us to reach for what could be possible. Every day is a new day to smile, do, and change. We are passionate about our work and making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
You can play a key role as a Director of Rehabilitation or Assistant Director of Rehabilitation in our Tarzana, CA clinic.
The Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all clinical aspects of Centre for Neuro Skills. The DOR is an integral part of the overall decision making process bridging both clinical and administrative matters involving the clinic and residential sites. As needed, may function as Clinical Case Manager. Work is full time during the weekdays and requires some on-call and overtime work. Work is performed primarily at the clinic with time also spent at the residential site and minimal time in the community.
We offer insurance and a 401k.
PREFERRED DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Oversees, scheduling and facilitation of conferences for patients as needed. Conferences may include the carrier, family, attorney, and patient. Coordinates interdisciplinary reporting. Produces a report and/or reviews the report of all information presented at the conference. Requires excellent communication skills.
2. Conducts on-site or in-house evaluations for potential patients. This may include utilizing activities/test from several disciplines.
3. Performs bed, bath, toilet and chair transfers without assistance for patients up to 150 pounds utilizing approved transfer techniques. Transfer techniques include standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. Patients requiring moderate to maximum assistance and weighing over 150 pounds are lifted and/or transferred by two persons.
4. Shares responsibilities for on-call duties which may include wearing/carrying a beeper, responding to emergency calls (via beeper or telephone), decision making in non-crisis and crisis situations and going to the clinic or residential site at any hour on any day.
5. Performs appropriate public relations activities relating to potential patients, current patients, and general CNS related interests.
6. Promotes by example and through education the importance of rehabilitation and CNS philosophy to all staff throughout all aspects of the job.
7. Facilitates/ensures staff development and training.
8. May screen referral calls and performs follow-up as appropriate on referrals. May coordinate admission of patients between the patient, family, carrier, attorney and prior facility. Requires extensive use of telephone as well as written communication via fax machine and letters.
9. Performs therapy sessions as needed. When this occurs, takes on duties of therapist (see specific therapist job description).
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS UTILIZED, EDUCATION LEVEL, TRAINING
1. Bachelors degree in a related field. Masters level preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in rehabilitation. CCM preferred.
3. Demonstrate a capacity for and interest to absorb a global knowledge of medical and clinical rehabilitation aspects relating to traumatic brain injury.
4. Experience in which supervisory abilities have been demonstrated.
Internal Number: LAX
About Centre for Neuro Skills
Since 1980, Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) has delivered postacute medical treatment, therapeutic rehabilitation and disease management services with specially-trained staff for individuals from across the nation recovering from acquired brain injury (e.g. traumatic brain injury, stroke, etc.).
Our cost-effective, patient-centered programs maximize treatment effect, learning generalization and stability of recovery in real-world settings. The goal: to facilitate skill acquisition and help each patient resume a normal rhythm of living. [Visit our media room for CNS news updates]
Brain Injury Programs and Services
• Postacute in-patient rehabilitation
• Neurobehavioral rehabilitation
• Outpatient and day treatment
• Assisted living
• Multicultural programs
• Family education
• Community re-entry
• Home evaluations
CNS has been accredited by CARF for the following: Interdisciplinary Outpatient Rehabilitation Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults, and Children and Adolescents) and Residential Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults). Find our California and Texas TBI rehabilitation program locations and conta...ct us.
Brain injuries are an active disease process with a variety of lifelong symptoms, unique to each person. CNS Innovations is an enhancement of programs currently offered by CNS consisting of a cadre of solutions to meet the lifelong changing needs of those with a brain injury.