Manager, Global Communications Pharma Solutions %26 EN North America
November 21, 2020
Manager, Global Communications Pharma Solutions & EN North America-2002720 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Manager, Global Communications Pharma Solutions & EN North America
(2002720) - Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead communications consulting and implementation of communication measures for the global business unit, Pharma Solutions and Nutrition & Health NA. You will advise senior management on strategic external and internal communications, further development of communications platforms, and be responsible for the implementation of agreed measures. You will also lead regional communications for Nutrition & Health (EN) in North America for all GBUs (Human Nutrition, Animal Nutrition & Aroma Ingredients, Pharma Solutions, Enzymes), including marketing communications, digital, social media, media, stakeholder relations, issues management and internal communications. This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your experience in matrix organizations, your knowledge of on and offline advertising, and your ability to monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in communication, business or a related field with multi-disciplinary and international orientation, you will be responsible for Pharma Solutions global marketing communications, in close collaboration with marketing and technical marketing teams. This includes leading the development of the global marketing communications plan and budget; being responsible for its implementation and budget supervision.You will also employ the full range of marketing communications tools, from PR and digital marketing to advertising, customer events, trade shows, website and social media.
* Demonstrating your strong experience in managing major communication campaigns, B2B and/or B2C brands, you will consult brand champions on implementation of the brands of the GBU Pharma Solutions and of EN in North America.
* Applying your experience in steering PR and media agencies, as well as your strong creative and conceptual abilities (planning, analytical, creative, client and goal oriented), you will select and steer internal and external service providers, supporting the implementation and further development of EN's communications.
* Your strong competence in influencing and leading the communication in a complex region and your ability to influence global, regional and local counterparts will be necessary as you lead the strategic further development of communications for the GBU Pharma Solutions, devising concepts and steering their implementation, for example in the area of digital and social media marketing and artificial intelligence.
* Your proven working experience in public relations, project management, or marketing communication (preferably both in agency and in-house) will be essential as you develop media opportunities in trade and business media. In doing so, you will expand and maintain a network of journalists and drive proactive media relations to support business goals. You will align with marketing and technical marketing on strategic advertisement opportunities with relevant media outlets.
* Relying on your strong digital marketing skills, you will strategically develop digital internal and external communications channels in order to position the Pharma Solutions business as a disruptive player in the market. You will bring innovation to the exiting channels, such as the website and social media channels, as well as future platforms.
* Being comfortable working in an international team in a fast-changing environment, you will support the Product Stewardship and regulatory team to develop the adequate communication strategies for BASF product related issues.
* Your excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written, will be critical as you develop and implement crisis communication plans, addressing key regional communication risks in coordination with relevant stakeholders in the countries and the communications function.
* Demonstrating your outstanding journalistic writing skills, you will prepare position papers and media responses among other tactics as a part of issue management, and crisis communications.
* Delivering sound project and event management skills (including the ability to set guidelines & deadlines and manage budgets), you will assist the GBU head in efficient communications within the GBU, within EN and in North America. You will drive concept and preparation of townhall sessions, coffee chats, video messages, employee surveys, and the like. Additionally, you will create and implement effective employee communications strategies to drive employee engagement and change.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: PRCO - Public Relations, Communication & Government Affairs
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.