Supervisors guide interns through a year-long (three semester) internship placement in a PK-12 school site. These interns are graduate students pursuing a PK-12 building principal endorsement. The supervisor teaches a monthly seminar, meets with intern principal mentors (min once per semester), observes the intern (min 4 times over a year), and otherwise assures the interns successfully meet State of Illinois and NCC requirements by the end of three semesters.
Supervisor responsibilities: · Conduct a monthly seminar and lead discussion on designated requirements related to internship.
· Conduct observations of the candidates (customarily in-person, though currently virtual given COVID restrictions)
· Meet with the principal mentor for orientation, progress monitoring, and end of internship summative evaluation.
· Attend meeting(s) with department personnel when needed for orientation, updates, etc. (often remotely)
· Complete appropriate observation paperwork, monitor progress, grade submissions, etc. for each intern
· Communicate regularly with principal mentors, interns, internship coordinator, and department chair.
· Contact appropriate NCC personnel should any concerns arise and attend meetings to discuss concerns, if necessary.
· Submit a mileage report monthly for reimbursable travel
Qualifications: · Building Principal Experience
· PK-12 Principal Endorsement/State of Illinois
· Supervision or college instructional experience preferred
Start Date: · January 2021
· Anticipate approximately 4-6 interns will be available for supervision
Application Deadline: Review of applicants will be ongoing until filled.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of about 3,000 students, located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville. The college is within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station and is next to downtown Naperville. For more information, please visit: http://www.noctrl.edu
North Central values diversity and is committed to social justice, equity and inclusiveness. Experience working with diverse populations and communities will be weighed in the candidate's favor.
Internal Number: 7849
About North Central College
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.