The duties are performed fully remote (work from home) until Humphrey School administrative staff returns to work on campus as this position is a public facing role.
Up to 14 Hours per week, October 2020 – May, 2021
Hourly rate is $19.83-$22.76 commensurate with education and relevant work experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide course logistic support to the HSL certificate program and Masters of Public Affairs (MPA) program, including providing support for online or in-person sessions, preparing course materials, ordering supplies, and monitoring the needs of program participants.
• Assist in the recruitment and retention to the certificate programs as directed by the certificate leads.
Other Programs and Project Support, including Equity Works Leadership Institute (EWLI)
• Organizes and executes the administrative and logistical aspects of EWLI meetings, in consultation with program leaders.
• Creates and prepares EWLI session materials (agendas, content support materials, name badges, etc.) and online group sites for cohort members.
• Handles complex communications, both verbally and in writing, on behalf of the program. Investigates and develops responses to complicated, complex and/or sensitive inquiries, requests and issues.
• Assist with program materials for Humphrey School events, including the writing and production of printed and electronic materials. Such materials include programs, invitations, flyers, web sites.
• Assist with promotional plans for programs which may include email marketing, social media, webpage, etc.
• Assist with mailing lists, databases of participants and stakeholders, and other electronic and printed records of activities.
Required Qualifications (must be reflected in application/resume/cover letter):
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Four years’ experience in administrative positions, including successful coordination of projects, programs, and/or initiatives. Coursework in related field may substitute for some years of experience.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and provide administrative support to multiple individuals.
• Experience working and providing support in a complex administrative environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• The ability to listen well and work effectively with individuals who are diverse in race/ethnicity, age, geography, political affiliation, country of origin, and more.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service, professionalism and integrity.
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly. Experience and advanced level/proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, including calendar.
• Available to work a flexible schedule and occasional nights and weekends.
• Interest in public policy or civic affairs.
• One or more years’ experience providing support for University programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience of the University of Minnesota systems and resources.
• Experience providing high level administrative support to University leaders and faculty.
• Experience and high-level skill with Skype, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Canvas.
Ideal Candidate will have/be able to:
• Work independently, self-directed, and takes initiative.
• Tech fluency or tech savviness.
• Take work direction from several people/areas.
• Balance priorities and manage time well.
• Produce deliverables on time.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations with students, staff, faculty and external stakeholders gracefully.
• Strong ability to develop and manage positive working relationships.
• Collaborate with colleagues.
• Make sound decisions and problem solve.
• Ability to communicate orally is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
• Standing, sitting, bending, moving objects and lifting (up to 20 lbs.) may be common.
• Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer, calculator, and copiers is required.
Internal Number: 337409
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.