The AV and Help Desk Manager governs a team responsible for providing advanced level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment and Help Desk services while ensuring complete client satisfaction. Support includes but is not limited to audiovisual systems, lighting and control systems, wireless/wired connectivity, end users for PC's, Mac's, Tablets, Servers, Mobile devices, database connectivity, desktop applications, and associated hardware. This position analyzes the current computing environment and proactively makes recommendations for improvement. Additionally, this role handles problems where technician assistance is requested and ensures service level objectives are consistently met for supported clients.
1) Manage a team of professionals to assist in day-to-day operations and projects for supported clients; track individual performance using standard support metrics.
2) Follow processes to install and configure appropriate hardware and software on audiovisual equipment, desktops, laptops and printers to consistently deliver successful incident solutions. 3) Manage relationships and integration with University IT Services; work with other areas of IT Services to enhance the efficiency of computing and supporting infrastructure for supported clients; escalates high profile incidents or problems to University IT Services. 4) Identify new internal information that should be shared more broadly and continue to identify good working practices and sources of useful knowledge.
5) Work with Leasing, Tech Support, and Service Team to discover common challenges in the configurations and share ideas to provide solutions. 6) Maintain industry standards and stays abreast of new software, solutions, releases, and product enhancements; foster collaboration among team members and management to determine optimal configurations; discuss efficient applications; share support techniques, and ensure that staff keeps abreast of new technologies. 7) Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment; troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
8) Coordinate video conferencing meeting needs; meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly; monitor events and check-in on customers throughout the day.
9) Assist with network related requests and issues for remote office locations and other technology needs in various infrastructure environments. 10) Complies with all University security and safety measures; ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use. 11) Manage vendor relationships and serve as a contact for vendor representatives of hardware, software and operating systems.
1) Manage and develop a highly effective team. 2) Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills; promote a sense of urgency, and collaborate with team members effectively to establish high performance standards. 3) Effective time management skills. 4) Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-through. 5) Excellent listening skills with the ability to empathize and focus on client service. 6) Empathize and focus on client service. 7) Communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and coherent manner. 8) Maintain strictest confidentiality when working with sensitive information. 9) Demonstrate initiative in the resolution of problems.Â 10) Accountability: proven track record in owning up to commitments; highly self-motivated, taking ownership of tasks. 11) Customer Focused: take the initiative to represent the user and perform daily work to improve the overall end user experience; anticipate customer needs. 12) Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. 13) Be a leader, mentor and coach other technicians in delivering World Class Service philosophy. 14) Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication. 15) Understand and foster the forum/client relationship.
Education 1) Bachelor's degree.
Experience 1) Minimum five years of experience with various computer related technologies, including advanced knowledge of audio/visual technologies in a corporate or event-based environment. 2) Conference Center/Hotel or related experience.
Licenses and Certifications
1) Technical certification in related network and end user operating systems.
Required Documents 1) Resume/CV 2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08731
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.