Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the VP & Chief of Staff is responsible for supporting the CEO in key areas as outlined in more detail below:
In line with CEO, drive results on strategy initiatives, special projects and events that reinforce CCA’s vision and posture.
• Ability to develop fluency around the most important issues to CCA and connect back to how we operate in a strategic manner.
• Facilitates follow up on Monitors Key Performance Indicators, performance & facilitates follow up.
• Partner with other leaders to implement strategy support for Winter Street ventures investments.
• Participates in merger & acquisition activity and facilitates information exchange, including due diligence and analysis of acquisition targets for future M&A activity and bids.
• Creating and synergizing reports/dashboards/presentations for board level agendas throughout the year. Works with Director of Board Relations to complete reporting and facilitating/gathering minutes and feedback.
• Develops Board presentations (example: decks for weekly calls on potential acquisition target, 10-12 weeks in a row)
• Contributes to recruiting activities for specific roles for CEO.
Supports planning for annual executive and senior leadership retreats, including development of goals, agenda, presentations, and interactive activities. • Leads development of leadership competencies, with executive input and HR collaboration. • Co-leads business development activities related to selling CCA care management services to potential partners. Travel for business development related activities. • Serves as point of contact for numerous strategic external partners on behalf of CEO. • Develops content for numerous external presentations, including with CMMI, AHIP, JP Morgan Conference, etc. • Serves as CEO’s go-to person to help solve numerous and varied ad hoc issues that arise. • Work with venture “for profit” vehicle to promote strategy implementation and risk assessment planning. • Coordinate and work with senior leadership team to ensure alignment and clarity of CEO objectives. • Organizes CEO cascading goals and provides midyear and end-of-year progress, for ultimate dissemination to the Board. • Writes internal communications that are sent out under the CEO’s name and collaborates with key internal stakeholders as appropriate on messaging content and tone. • Ensures that internal communications are disseminated and timely. • Develops content, messaging, agenda, and decks for CEO Town Hall presentations, and facilitate logistics. • Triages internal communications (telephonic, written, email) from employees to the office of the CEO. Prioritizes issues, engages appropriate resources, and ensures responses and follow-up actions are done as appropriate. • Manages risk around confidential and strategic projects that are of time sensitive importance. Liaising directly with Legal, Human Resources and CEO or appropriate parties
Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Management preferred Bachelor’s required
7-10 years of experience
Highly developed communication & analytic skills.
• Ability to create, develop and structure data in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Interpersonal savvy, strong organizational and listening abilities.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrated networking, delegation and diplomacy skills.
• Must be able to negotiate with, handle conflict and influence Executive Team members.
• Proven track record of handling matters with the utmost discretion.
• Resilient and must be able to work in an atmosphere of high pressure, high expectations & shifting priorities.
Additional Salary Information: base + annual bonus
Internal Number: 2020-3225
About Commonwealth Care Alliance
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare? Do you aspire to be the tip of the spear in the industry for cost-effectively managing complex populations, and leading the way in the development of new care models? Commonwealth Care Alliance is seen as the leader in leveraging social determinants of health and developing a unique approach to managing the populations that account for over a third of our nation’s healthcare spend. We are committed to innovating in this space.