CBRE's People (HR) Team plays a significant role in maximizing efficiency, delivering value, and providing strategic counsel to our business partners around our evolving employee base and the dynamic talent market.
People Communications is critical to developing, reinforcing and changing the culture of an organization. In addition to the growing needs of our learning, development, and total rewards programs, CBRE is also implementing a number of new initiatives over the next two years as part of our People Roadmap, which heightens the needs for change communication.
The Manager for People Communications will help develop and execute an integrated Global People communications strategy that enhances employee engagement, promotes CBRE culture, and provides hands-on support for the entire lifecycle of the employee experience. The Manager will report to the Director of People Communications, and serve as a strategic communications partner to the Global People Leadership Team.
Responsibilities: - Contribute to the development and execution of an integrated HR communications strategy, editorial calendar and tactics in close partnership with CBRE's People Leadership Team
- Develop content for various annual compulsory activities, new programs, corporate culture initiatives and ongoing activities such as organizational changes, policy rollouts, benefit changes and performance management to ensure People programs / initiatives are well understood and supported by employees, managers and leaders.
- Provide communications support on large-scale and strategic Roadmap projects, including building and determining the communications strategy, positioning, tone, tactics and channels, while ensuring messaging aligns with the company brand, purpose and values.
- Craft clear and compelling messaging platforms that resonate with key audiences and maintain all communication collateral materials
- Lead the development of presentations and talking points for employee meetings and leadership updates.
- Partner with the broader corporate communications team on special initiatives, external relations, media and speaking opportunities related to CBRE People initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who's a top-notch writer, skilled at both strategic planning and managing tactical execution, and comfortable wearing many hats. Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to influence key decision makers. Other skills include:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Human Resources Certification (aPHR(tm), PHR(r), SPHR(r), GPHR(r)) preferred.
- 7-10 years of communications experience, with a minimum of three years supporting HR communications
- Ability to quickly and continually learn cultural and operational nuances of different business units
- Ability to develop creative and unconventional communication solutions that incorporate the organization's mission, values, and culture
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network across the globe while utilizing knowledge and experiences to influence solutions
- Extremely strong written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills; experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of the company's business practices and direction, as well as familiarity with the company's products and resources
Internal Number: 20013765
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.