This strategic position will provide leadership and coordination for all development/engagement activities for Indiana University Fort Wayne. This will require the position to collaborate with IUFW leadership (Executive Committee chair and executive committee), deans and development officers from the associated schools at IUPUI to understand the broad and complex operations of IU Fort Wayne such that it can be represented to prospective funders. This position will work closely with Indiana University Offices of Foundation Relations and Corporate Relations to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation and corporate support while concurrently building an individual major and principal gift pipeline. The position will also collaborate closely with the Vice Chancellor for Community Engagement at IUPUI.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic and comprehensive development program including prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to secure major and principal gifts, corporate and foundation support, and effective campaign management, etc. to advance the philanthropic and non-government grants funding priorities for the benefit of IU Fort Wayne.
- Manage a portfolio of major and principal gift prospects, foundation, corporate, and develop significant contacts with Corporations and Foundations.
Minimum of 60 substantive contacts including face to face and phone interactions annually
Steward existing donors
Present a minimum of 10 proposals annually to prospective donors in first year
- Collaborate closely with Executive Committee, faculty, staff, Indiana University Foundation, Indiana University Alumni Association, and other stakeholders to foster a common philanthropic mission and message.
- Work closely with the Community advisory board, elected officials, influencers and other volunteers to strategize and implement development goals and increase engagement. Coordinate state and federal relations outreach and engagement IU Government Relations and the IUPUI Office of Community Relations.
- Actively participate in IUFW activities and events to foster support and engagement in development, government and community relation efforts.
- Partner with the school's marketing staff to create strong brand, message, and mission as the platform for philanthropic success. Partner with IU Government Relations and IUPUI Office of Community Engagement to manage communications, site visits and requests for information from or to state and federal officials. Ensure that all appropriate state and federal activities are reported into the government relations reporting system.
- Work in concert with and function as a liaison between IU Fort Wayne and the Indiana University Foundation. Ensure that all activities including contact reports are entered into the central development database.
Bachelor's degree and five years of experience with three years of development experience.
Combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
Ability to raise significant philanthropic support. Proven leadership skills. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to create an environment of collegiality with all constituencies. Strong interpersonal skills. Adherence to confidentiality policies and protocol.
Experience in a large capital campaign.
Working Conditions / Demands
Capable of sitting/standing for extended periods of time and operating basic office equipment. Intense mental concentration: high degree of focus for successful project and task completion on a constant basis; fast-paced environment. Travel Required. Ability to drive on and/or off campus.
Equipment utilized: Mobile devices, laptop, computer, and basic office equipment
Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Indiana University Fort Wayne Campus
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Salary Plan: PAE
Salary Grade: 4DV
Job Function: Development
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information .
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online . You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.
Founded in 1820, Indiana University is the state’s public university system, comprised of two core campuses—IU-Bloomington and IUPUI—and six regional campuses located throughout the state. Combined, the total student population is more than 114,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional school students. IU is one of the largest employers in the state, with over 20,000 faculty and staff. Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. Diversity and inclusion remains a core commitment to IU’s mission to cultivate an educational environment that supports equal access, participation and representation on all of its campuses and that provides educational and career opportunities for all.