About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity: The Director of Regional Marketing serves an integral role in the growth of enrollments within the graduate and undergraduate markets in the regional campuses. Working with the AVP of Marketing and Recruiting, Regional Deans, University marketing and communications and other key University leaders, the Director of Regional Marketing is responsible for leading and executing differentiated marketing strategies that drive enrollment, enhance awareness and reputation and contribute to the overall success of Northeastern's Regional Campus Network. A critical leader on the marketing team, the Director oversees the day-to-day management of the regional campus marketing function, including internal and external resources to execute and optimize marketing campaigns, develop messaging and collateral and make connections across the regions to lift results across the network of campuses. The Director drives the strategy for lead generation and brand awareness and manages the execution of tactics in each region. The Director is engaged with all aspects of the enrollment function including recruitment, lead nurturing, coaching and sales, marketing operations and digital strategy. S/he is expected to partner collaboratively with senior leaders across those functions to contribute to the overall success of lead generation and nurturing efforts for prospective students and applicants. The Director will work collaboratively with his/her regional marketing team members to meet aggressive enrollment and overall business goals. Working closely with content and creative teams internally and externally, the Director supports the execution of an integrated marketing and communications strategy by developing and implementing strategic messaging and marketing campaigns for degree programs and initiatives in collaboration with regional/local marketing team members. All messaging and visual execution of marketing is consistent with university brand stand standards and connected to the strategies employed across all regional locations. The Director is data-driven in his/her approach to optimization and ensures tracking of information and trends to measure effectiveness of various marketing approaches in meeting enrollment targets. The Director works with a high level of independence, challenges the status quo, offers new ideas and techniques to improve marketing and communications outcomes. S/he embraces new ideas; is innovative, anticipates future needs; shares knowledge, and teaches others to do the same. It is an expectation that the Director is a strong communicator and collaborative partner, able to work up, down and across the Organization.
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include:
- Leads marketing efforts specific to the regional campuses, working with key university leadership, regional campus leadership and marketing team members, and academic teams to support all regional campuses in meeting enrollment and awareness goals.
- Directs the development and execution of marketing plans and strategies for the Regional Campus network. Completes plans in collaboration with AVP of Marketing and Recruiting, Regional Deans and other members of the Leadership team. Helps define overall marketing strategy, messaging and positioning for degree programs and sectors, taking local context and markets into consideration.
- Oversees successful deployment of marketing tactics which include, but not limited to, websites, digital advertising (prospecting and retargeting), paid search, search engine optimization, email, social media and lead nurture activities as well as the messaging deployed in each. Ensures positive brand image is maintained throughout all messages and materials including but not limited to websites, landing pages and other program collateral. Ensures all activities are managed against a KPI framework to measure campaign effectiveness and budget manages for each effectively.
- Partners closely with Regional Deans and regional campus personnel to develop market launch strategies to grow and scale enrollment at each campus location.
- Collaborate closely with University marketing and communications teams to execute brand awareness campaigns and lead generation campaigns that adhere to university brand standards to scale enrollment and enhance reputation.
- Partners with leadership in Recruiting and Enrollment Services, campus recruiting teams, and other internal and external resources to contribute to successful recruitment and coaching strategies. Ensures University's brand and messaging are being delivered consistently through these strategies.
- Collaborates closely with the AVP of Digital Strategy and the digital team to develop successful digital strategies for all major lead generator Web properties. Ensures plan for continuous quality improvements, content oversight and brand and message representation. Ensures all activities are managed against a KPI framework to measure effectiveness of digital efforts.
- Partners with the Senior Director of Engagement Operations and Technology to ensure effective technology strategies are in place to support marketing strategies and provide insights on campaign effectiveness and efficiency.
- Builds and oversees relationships with internal and external university partners (creative agencies etc.) as needed.
- Effectively tracks and measures portfolio and program success and ROI through regular monitoring and reporting of data through the entire enrollment funnel; from lead generation and nurturing through enrollment including the effective use of marketing automation tool (Marketo) and CRM system (Salesforce) to meet enrollment goals for the regions. - Manage a team of highly skilled marketers located in each region (with Regional Dean partnership) to deliver on the regional campus enrollment goals, set and manage measurable objectives, and ensure the overall success of the team.
- Assists the leadership of the marketing team with the development and management of the marketing budget and direct oversight of regional marketing budgets.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with masters preferred. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in marketing and communications. Demonstrated success in development and execution of strategic marketing plans and programs that leverage a range of outbound and inbound strategies as well as a variety of channels. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing priorities within a fast-paced organization. Strong relationship management skills across a matrixed environment to deliver against shared goals. Strong project management skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations. Ability to think and act both analytically and strategically. Working knowledge of marketing automation and CRM tools and strategy to achieve lead generation and lead nurture goals. Preference for knowledge of both Marketo and Salesforce. Proven ability to work with vendors and agencies to produce results. This may include digital agencies, creative agencies, designers, call centers, and/or sales partners. Prior experience in supervising a team of marketing professionals is required. Ability to work efficiently, creatively and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment. Demonstrate business-like manner and appearance; exercise diplomacy and tact.
Salary Grade: 13
Additional Information: Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.