1) The Executive Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations leads the Foundation & Corporate Relations Team to raise up to $12M annually to advance the fundraising priorities as established by the Leadership Team of Medicine & Biological Sciences Development (MBSD) and the Dean/CEO of the University of Chicago Medicine (UCM).
2) S/he manages a portfolio of 30 to 50 or greater prospects, which are independent philanthropic foundations or corporate foundations capable of making gifts in the $1000K to $1M range.
3) S/he is personally responsible for raising $2M to $8M annually.
4) S/he will define and grow a Principal Gift ($5million+) level foundations strategy and build that book of business at MBSD growing overall foundation fundraising.
5) S/he will build a culture of philanthropy that attracts large/national foundation donors. S/he will design a comprehensive foundations strategy to maximize the revenue potential for UCMâ™s strategic priorities. S/he writes and/or manages the writing of proposals for the prospects in his/her portfolio and often composes correspondence on behalf of others.
6) S/he is expected to develop and maintain relationships with foundation donors, staff, and trustees, and identify opportunities for interaction with faculty and other individuals who have the ability to deepen the prospective donorsâ™ engagement with the UCM. S/he meets with program officers and other foundation contacts as well as arranging site visits and meetings involving faculty, administrators and trustees. S/he assesses and analyzes foundationsâ™ giving guidelines/ priorities and matches such interest with UCM priorities and faculty expertise.
1) Ability to participate personally in high-level gift strategies and solicitations 2) Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, basic user knowledge of relevant general and university-specific technologies 3) Effective leadership skills 4) Ability to oversee multiple projects and set priorities deadlines 5) Ability to work well within a team of highly motivated individuals 6) Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well with a strong commitment to customer service 7) Excellent diplomatic skills 8) Ability to maintain confidentiality 9) Expertise in using MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint 10) Occasional travel and evening/weekend work Â
1) A bachelorâ™s degree or higher
1) A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in fundraising, development communications, events management, public relations, or a related areaÂ 2) Demonstrated track record of organizing successful fundraising or marketing activities 3) Supervisory experienceÂ 4) Experience in a higher education or non-profit environmentÂ
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07539
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.