1) Develop and implement a social media strategy that will further increase awareness of Chicago Booth as an elite global business school and build engagement by core audiences.
2) Amplify Chicago Booth voice globally across the social media landscape while fully integrating social media across various marketing, communications, and event programming disciplines.
3) Lead and execute a social media strategy across Chicago Booth that enhances the brand, increases visibility and deepens relationships with key audiences.
4) Lead an enterprise-wide social media council ensuring coordination of efforts, use of common social media voice, and sharing of learning and best practice.
5) Content acquisition, both internal and external, for brand enhancing, shareable materials.
6) Develop monthly content calendar, selecting the appropriate channel and tactics based on insights, trends, and best practices to organize content distribution.
7) Evaluate new platforms and make recommendations on our presence, watch trends and evangelize the benefits to the entire school.
8) Work aggressively to cross-promote and maximize engagement with key audiences.
9) Consult with, coach, and support internal departments and programs to enable them to be effective in social media, achieve their goals, and ladder up to enterprise strategy.
10) Identify and build relationships with appropriate social media brand advocates.
11) Work with Analytics to track and communicate social media performance across the enterprise.
12) Build a social media listening capability for Booth, closely monitoring discussion about Booth and being the enterprise expert on competitive activities.
13) Lead efforts to develop and update enterprise-wide social media policies, guidelines and infrastructure.
14) Develop social media strategies for projects and events, and execute those strategies across the respected platforms.
15) Manage an ongoing audit of our social media channels to optimize our efforts and help develop a social media style guide.
16) Creatively brainstorm and strategize tactic creation for social media initiatives.Â
1) Aptitude in understanding business and management content.
2) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
3) Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills.
4) Identify business needs and participate in the development of solutions.
5) Learn about new platforms and teach others with little to no social media experience.
6) Think creatively/outside of the box and generate new ideas/problem-solve.
7) Work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
8) High degree of self-confidence, business maturity, initiative-taking and commitment to quality.
9) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in in marketing, communications or other related course of study.
1) A minimum four years of experience with on-line marketing, including at least two years of social media experience.
2) Demonstrated experience managing a social community, writing interesting content and keeping a "following" interested.Â
3) Demonstrated experience working with numbers, metrics and conducting analysis.Â
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07511
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.