1) Provides administrative support to the MFR Program Faculty Director and the MFR ProgramÂ Associate Director.Â
2) Coordinates logistics with conference participants including hotel needs, communicating paper and presentation deadlines.
3) Assists in the accounting and reconciliation of MFR Program expenses and processes event travel reimbursements.
4) Works with travel partners toÂ facilitateÂ theÂ purchasing of flights and other needs like booking hotelÂ accommodations andÂ arranging car service as needed.Â
5) Assists the MFR Program Associate Director in website quality review processes by identifying gaps on the MFR Program Website, Flickr and Twitter.Â
6) Assisting in the event organization, setup, execution and onsite staffing of all MFR Program eventsÂ and activities.
7) Assists in organizing and executing plans for all MFR Program events or special projects.
8) Other duties as assignedÂ
1) Strong design and editing skills required.Â
2) Strong written and verbal communication skills.Â
3) Ability to be prompt, reliable, accessible and detailed-oriented.Â
4) Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.Â
5) Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.Â
6) Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
1) Bachelor's degree.
1) A minimum of one year of relevant experience.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
1) Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
2) Experience working with Adobe Acrobat Pro
3) Experience with UChicagoâ™s ePayments Service System preferred.
4) Experience with Concur preferred.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07510
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.