1. Monitor incoming service channels and ticketing system, and respond to customer requests.
2. Staff service desks and address walk-in customer needs in a timely, professional manner.
3. Provides knowledgeable technical support via the phone, walkup and remote tools.
4. Perform basic AV setups, strikes, and event support, primarily using built-in classroom technology.
5. Perform basic audio and video postproduction: trimming and delivering media to customers.
6. Takes ownership of customer issues from first contact, assuring that the customer knows the person receiving their issue or request is dedicated to assisting them; seeking help from colleagues and escalating to senior technicians until an issue is resolved.
7. Accurately records customer issues into the tracking system; maintains and updates support documentation to assist in information sharing within the team.
8. Acts as an ally to all other members of the support team, by being approachable, sharing, and friendly; providing whatever aid they can to assure that customer issues are being addressed in timely and precise manner.
9. Participates in small-scale student or public-related deployment and operational projects.
10. Proven ability to organize and coordinate workload independently among constant deadlines and shifting priorities.
11. Works within the guidelines provided in all policies and procedures.
12. Required availability to work during all ITS service hours, including non-standard business hours, and may be called during off hours.
13. Participates in Service Desk Coordinator rotation: ensuring phone and desk coverage, dispatch priority 1 calls, dispatch tickets from shared ticketing system queues.
14. Must be able to individually lift and move computer equipment up to 50 pounds, and periodically up to 100 pounds with the assistance of others
15. Other special projects or duties as assigned.
This position is required to work Veterans Day, Presidents Day, Alumni Reunions Weekends, Admitted Students Weekends, and other holidays/weekends as needed to support HLS Events and Activities.
All offer to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Minimum of 1 year of experience relevant to the essential responsibilities and providing customer service.
Must possess superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to customer service
Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to work under stress and time pressure
Strong aptitude to quickly learn and retain technical skills and institutional knowledge
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 51229BR
About Harvard University Law School
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.