1) Actively drive the ongoing innovation and advancement of the Universityâ™s primary digital communications channels.
2) Develop website strategies in collaboration with colleagues to build and advance the Universityâ™s main digital platforms, growing audience and increasing engagement.
3) Manage daily content posting on UChicago News, UChicago.edu and UChicago intranet, working collaboratively to manage weekly and monthly content calendars across the internal and external platforms.
4) Manage the layout and design of the site homepages and individual content pages, advancing the visual goals of University Communications.
5) Develop and implement content optimization strategies across key distribution channels, with a focus on search and e-mail, working closely with social media specialists in University Communications to execute a holistic approach to content distribution.
6) Develop site and email testing efforts for new strategies to grow audience and engagement.
7) Manage online dashboard that measures web analytics, e-mail and SEO results; provide continual suggestions on how to grow audience and maximize engagement with external and internal audiences.
8) Manage e-newsletter products on such platforms as Marketo and PoliteMail, acting as the administrator for the University Communications email systems and performing regular email list maintenance.
9) Serve as the point person for updates across the sites and as a liaison to internal stakeholder communities and IT colleagues.
1) A strong passion for digital platforms.
2) Deep expertise in performance-driven content distribution.
3) Substantive knowledge of content management systems and digital communications platforms including Drupal, Sitecore, and WordPress.
4) Substantive knowledge of website design, management and optimization.
5) Experience with search engine optimization, metadata and related strategies.
6) Experience working with news content, including photography, audio and video.
7) Experience running e-mail marketing campaigns and related distribution systems.
8) Experience with gathering and analyzing website, email and other in-flows of data for actionable steps to increase readership and engagement.
9) Strong news judgment and editing skills.
10) Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; flexible and adaptable.
11) Experience with and/or a strong interest in building and engaging existing and new external audiences.
12) Build relationships with stakeholders and foster collaboration.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in a related field.
2) Minimum of 5 years experience in communications or a related field, including demonstrated writing, editing, content management, and digital communications experience.
2) Cover Letter
3) Professional References Contact Information
NOTE: When apply, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06970
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.