The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise and knowledge that each one brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® over the last three years. In 2018 and 2017, ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Quality Program Manager will serve as a key member of the Quality and Regulatory Affairs team. Reporting to the Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs, this individual will:
Manage ASA’s quality improvement initiatives by engaging ASA membership, departments and stakeholders on ASA performance measure activities and supporting member participation in federal quality reporting programs.
Manage the collection of materials used for submission and maintenance process of ASA measures to external organizations.
Serve as a resource for ASA members regarding issues of quality measurement by staying abreast of CMS requirements and NQF standards.
In addition, this position will provide analytical and administrative support to the Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all assigned quality measure sets including that related national quality measurement programs and initiatives (e.g. Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), Merit-based Incentive Payment System).
· Manage portfolio of current and past Qualified Clinical Data Registry measures for use in the Anesthesia Quality Institute National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR).
· Provide strong regulatory support and analysis for Qualified Clinical Data Registry and Qualified Registry reporting mechanisms under MACRA.
· Provide administrative support for internal member committees, workgroups and Subject Matter Experts on measure development.
· Manage measure submission activities and measure development processes that adhere to CMS and NQF guidelines and best practices.
· Coordinate measure testing activities and complete measure maintenance and application materials by fostering sound relationships with the Anesthesia Quality Institute, Analytics and Research Services and other ASA department and practice stakeholders.
· Triage requests and comments from ASA members, committees and external stakeholders regarding quality reporting programs and measurement.
· Develop quality-related materials for members and collaborate in the curation of the Quality and Regulatory Affairs and ASA MACRA website materials.
· Promote anesthesiology quality and performance measures by maintaining external relationships and participating in measure-related activities. (e.g. National Quality Forum, CMS, AHRQ, Specialty Society forums and activities).
· Provide excellent customer service with timely, accurate, and courteous responses to all members and key stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in public health, health policy research, health administration, social sciences or related field preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with performance measures, including the development of measure logic and analytics.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Experience in a large membership and/or professional organization preferred.
· Experience in a clinical or hospital setting where quality measurement has been implemented is preferred.
· Analytical ability related to quality development, measurement, and evaluation.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue knowle...dge and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living our values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® over the last three years. In 2018 and 2017, ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!