1)Â Provides administrative leadership in formulating and implementing section and department objectives aligned with organizational goals and objectives; collaborates department-wide to further goals and objectives.
2)Â Oversees day-to-day operations, workflows and problem resolution.
The following responsibilities representÂ Personnel Management
3) Leads staff, optimizing operational effectiveness, employee engagement, professionalism, performance management and ongoing professional development.
4)Â Administers human capital activities; identifies need, manages recruitment, employee/labor relations and payroll; assists with academic appointment processes
5) Ensures compliant and effective recruitment, hiring, onboarding, evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action, and discharge practices.
6)Â Ensures that policies and procedures are applied appropriately and consistently.
The following responsibilities representÂ Faculty Affairs
7)Â Monitors and facilitates administration and oversight of the academic appointment processes, including recruitment, appointment, onboarding, reappointment, and promotion of faculty members.
8)Â Collaborates to ensure timely and accurate processing of academic appointments and medical privileges for new and ongoing faculty.
9)Â Maintains academic personnel records.
The following responsibilities representÂ Budget & Finances
10)Â Plans with Section and Department leadership for optimal financial performance; develops annual and ad hoc budgets and other analyses
11)Â Identifies need, analyzes and presents ad hoc reports and graphs.
12)Â Ensures professional billing financial integrity and compliance.
13)Â Ensures compliance with fiscal policies and procedures.
14)Â Understands the dynamics of health care accounting and applies knowledge in ensuring appropriate direct and indirect revenue and expenses related to grants, on- and off-site clinical activities, and other activities.
15)Â Researches, compiles and analyzes data to create reports, proposals and other documents.
The following responsibilities representÂ Strategy, Planning.
16)Â Â Participates in identifying priorities and in preparing and implementing strategic and tactical plans. Maintains plan and monitors metrics and reports on progress.
17)Â Â Negotiates and implements related agreements.
18)Â Assesses provider capacity and access, ensures adequate provider and support staffing plans.
The following responsibilities represent Marketing, Communications, Outreach
19)Â Ensures appropriate external marketing and communications for targeted programmatic growth.
20)Â Develops internal communications plans and activities.
21) Assists with planning and supervises implementation of CME and other events.
The following responsibilities represent Grants & Funding Opportunities
22) Assists faculty in the pursuit of research funding and grants management; participates in the development and implementation of fundraising plans.
The following responsibilities representÂ Compliance.
23)Â Ensures readiness and compliance with regulatory bodies and all relevant policies, such as fiscal, academic, human resources, Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulatory guidelines.
The following responsibilities represent Space, Facilities & Equipment
24)Â Manages activities related to space facilities and equipment.
5) Attention to detail
6) Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
7) Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet
1) Advanced degree in business, accounting, healthcare administration or a related field.
Â Â Â
1) Two years of progressively responsible administrative/supervisory experience.
2) Healthcare and/or academic medical experience.
3) Experience preparing major federal awards and/or initiation of clinical trials a plus.
4) Previous experience with EPIC electronic medical record system.
5) Knowledge of hospital finances and administration.
6) Knowledge of administering a physician practice plan.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06681
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.