Lab Management (40%) This position will provide overall direction for the Advanced Pre-Clinical Imaging Center (APIC) and the Yannopolous Laboratory. This position will develop and implement policies, procedures and protocols for the laboratory. This position will manage the overall operating room schedules, equipment use schedules, and managing principal investigator (PI) expectations for access and utilization of the APIC services. The position will hire, supervise, assign and delegate work, train, direct the work of and evaluate any laboratory staff required to support facility operations or research for the Yannopolous laboratory. This position will develop necessary certification criteria and programs for employees, and manage with adoption of the certification process.
The position will be responsible for the oversight, operation and maintenance of all equipment, developing and implementing protocols, data management and analysis. In addition, the position will be responsible for ensuring lab safety, evaluating and purchasing equipment and supplies, recognizing and resolving problems. Controls and evaluates supply expenditures of research funds under the general direction of the PI. This position will be responsible for IRB submissions and ensure that procedures are consistent with IRB approvals. This position will direct and modify practices and procedures to improve efficiency and quality within lab operations.
Lab Business Administration (20%)
The position is responsible to understand and manage all finances related to the APIC and Yannopolous laboratory. This includes determining costs of personnel, supplies, and equipment service contracts, preparing annual budgets, and managing costs within the established budget. This position will direct support staff to utilize the preferred methodology to contract University and non-University facility users. Public relations, communication and marketing of services to key potential users will also be a key component of this position.
Research Management (40%)
This position will have the oversight role regarding all animal surgical protocols, understand and be familiar with all IACUC protocols user and ensure APIC lab users and Yannopolous staff are in compliance with the Drug Enforcement Agency, Minnesota Department of Health, IACUC, and approved research protocols. Responsibilities will include providing technical guidance and instruction to faculty and staff regarding the, ethics, data reporting, and use of all equipment in the APIC and the Yannopolous lab. This position will be responsible for problem resolution resourcefulness to find solutions to research issues within budgetary constraints.
· BA/BS in a related field with at least 6 years of clinical based research experience or an advanced degree plus at least 4 years of clinical based research experience.
· Proven leadership success and staff management proficiency.
· Strong knowledge of good laboratory practices, code of federal regulations, and human subjects protections.
· Increasing levels of independence and responsibility in previous position.
· Excellent organization, communication and demonstrated leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Previous supervision or management experience.
· Experience with large animal research
· Master’s degree in a relevant field.
· Certified Clinical Research Professional.
· Experience working in cardiovascular research setting.
· Experience working with diverse populations.
· Experience with RedCap databases.
· Radiologic Technology License with X-ray imaging.
Internal Number: 333354
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.