Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills a but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Responsible for the overall, efficient operation of the Child Care Center.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
Education: Associates Degree meeting qualifications for Colorado licensing regulations; Preferred:
Bacheloras Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
Experience: Minimum of one-year related experience; sufficient previous management experience/training.
License/Certification: Must meet state certification requirements for Child Care Director.
Other required abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to resolve conflict;
demonstrated ability to work with children and parents in a positive, supportive manner. Computer skills
sufficient for internal communication, collection of data and perform functions relating to financial support.
Physical Abilities: Mobility to work with active children and to respond to physical needs of children.
Visual and auditory acuity.
1. Creates a safe and supportive environment for children attending the Center that is conductive
to growth and emotional development.
2. Maintains conformity to governmental and hospital standards.
3. Maintains billing and collection processes that support the Center.
4. Assures that hours and service of the Center meet the most prevalent needs for Child Care for
Mercy Regional Medical Center employees.
5. Hires, trains, schedule and evaluates all child care staff.
6. Maintains community relationships and as a liaison to other early childhood development
7. Maintain, analyze, and create the budget for the child care center.
8. Approve all purchasing within the budget limitations through check requests,foundation
funds, Corporate Express, Etc.
9. Update Office Center by daily and weekly handling of scheduling, billing, entering
payments, and payroll deductions.
10. Keeping our license with the State of Colorado current and center always in compliance
with rules and regulations.
11.Maintain staff and child files
12. Prepare accurate and current schedules on a weekly and monthly basis that are complete
with all changes
13. Sign off on payroll for all employees maintaining their hours within the budget, keeping
track of PTO, etc
14. Be prepared to carry out the Emergency Preparedness Plan by practicing drills and training
15. Write weekly staff memos communicating all pertinent information, as well as
communicating with families in a monthly parent newsletter.
16. Help staff to implement age appropriate curriculums, reviewing weekly lesson plans,
offering suggestions and ideas as necessary.
17. Assist staff with professional development, including monthly readings and the required
annual training hours.
18. Communicate with staff, children, and parents in a timely and polite manner.
19. Keep employees informed about changes and opportunities within the hospital.
20. Maintain the waiting list, enrolling children when possible space allows, being familiar with
the enrollment guidelines.
21. Work well within a team both at the child care center and at the hospital to bring out the best
in staff and families.
22. Be aware of the overall status of child care within the community and use that to guide your
policy making and decisions
23. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Healthas connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Mercy Regional Medical Center is an 82-bed, acute care hospital located in the scenic Southwest Colorado town of Durango.A It is the only hospital in Colorado to be rated by Medicare with five stars for overall hospital quality.A It is recognized by Healthgrades as a Top 100 Hospital for orthopedic and spine surgery and for outstanding patient experience and patient safety. Mercy has also received 10 consecutive aAa grades for patient safetyA from The Leapfrog Group. Our providers use state-of-the-art technologyA in an environment designed to promote well-being and healing of body, mind, and spirit.A Among the many specialty services available at Mercy are emergency care (Level III trauma designation), surgical care, cardiac care (including interventional), Orthopedic and Spine Centers of Excellence, a Family Birthing Center, home care, hospice care more.A Durango offers an exceptional quality of life with small town charm, excellent schools, and year-round, world-class outdoor recreation opportunities including snow sports, river sports, hiking, biking, camping and more.
Find your ideal career at Centura Health! With 16 hospitals, physician clinics, hospice services, home care and senior living communities, Centura Health's vast network of care spans Colorado and Western Kansas so you can experience a balanced lifestyle and enjoy a fulfilling career anywhere you want to work, live and play in Colorado. From the fast pace of a Denver-area Level 1 Trauma Center to a smaller rural or mountain hospital – we proudly offer a more diverse range of work settings and locations than any other health care employer in the state. Centura is an equal opportunity employer.