1) The primary objectives for the Senior Support and Relationship Manger are to ensure broad and continuous adoption and use of CRSP data and services for indexes and research products through providing a highly professional level of support and service.
2) This client-facing role will utilize strong financial and technical knowledge that will benefit a diverse range of subscribers, including money managers, broker dealers, and academic research faculty.
3) This position is responsible for developing relationships necessary to drive usage and retention by providing high-level technical support, troubleshooting, training and general support for subscribers and potential subscribers.
4) This role interacts closely with Marketing and Subscriptions through providing assistance in pre-sales and renewal processes.
5) This individual will spend some time in the field and will play a significant role in building relationships and educating our subscribers/potential subscribers, fostering loyalty to CRSP, and reliance on CRSP data and software.
6) Additionally, this individual, along with others in the Client Services team, will provide support for limited one-off custom work where appropriate, from intake assessment through pricing and delivery of custom data requests. Â
7) This individual is a part of the Client Services Team and works closely with the Marketing and Sales, Research Operations, Systems, and Index Analytics teams, and others across the organization.
8) Strengthen relationships between CRSP and key users, influencers and decision makers through proactive contact and timely responsiveness.
9) Team with Sales & Marketing in renewal efforts, including relevant and appropriate follow-up.
10) Provide information for use in the creation of effective business development plans and for competitive analysis.
11) Support a diverse range of client relationships - both practitioner and academic.
12) Resolve high-level user support requests related to data usage and applicability, software, programming and installation tools in both a pre-sales and client retention capacity.
13) Serve as knowledge expert and direct point of contact for handling index methodology, construction, and maintenance questions for specified users.
14) Understand, use, explain and troubleshoot CRSP installation, data utilities and programming languages on all supported platforms.
15) Provide training to subscribers and CRSP staff.
16) Work with Director of Client Services to provide analysis around account activity, viability and risks, strength of relationship.
17) Serve as part of Client Services front-line support.
18) Execute one-off custom work when appropriate.
19) Use all appropriate tools and channels for effective internal communication.
20) Present effectively to superiors in areas of responsibility.
21) May serve as backup for conference attendance and exhibiting.
1) Strong working knowledge of finance and financial concepts and terms appropriate to support and issue-resolution for users of financial data and related information management tools, who range from IT professionals to finance and economics PhDs.
2) Practical experience related to finance.
3) Familiarity with administration of supported operating systems.
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5) Excellent interpersonal skills.
6) Demonstrated ability to work in both team situations and independently.
7) Attention to detail, strong problem solving and organizational skills.
8) Strong organization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities.
9) Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, communication and research skills.
10) Mastery of MS Office applications.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree with significant professional experience in finance or economics.
2) Bachelorâ™s degree in finance or economics.
3) Relevant advanced degree, such as an MBA.
1) At least three years of relevant experience in the financial information and services industry.Â
2) Relationship management experience.
3) Experience with and strong knowledge of indexes, corporate actions.
4) Experience working with third-party statistic/analytical software required â“ such as SAS, R, Python.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06216
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.