* On a daily basis, the Billing Support clerk will receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail that is received via USPS and facsimile. The employee must demonstrate a working knowledge of the departmental functions as well as various insurance carriers that are contracted with our medical group.Maintain, organize and scan documents within our electronic filing system (Impact MD) so documents are easily accessible by the Billing Services department. This must be done with minimal errors and with accuracy.
* Support the payment posters with processing of payments when necessary.
* Responsible for reviewing and correcting patient accounts or information in assigned workque(s) or reports within the Practice Management System.
* Handles the daily and/or weekly processing, printing, and distribution of paper claim forms (HCFA) for the Insurance Specialists.
* Orders supplies and monitors maintenance of departmental equipment to insure that the department can function.
* Process Direct Deposits via bank statement uploads received on a daily/weekly basis. Will request copies of EOBS on a as need basis in order for the payment posting staff to process payments in a timely manner.
* Delivers and handles distribution of outgoing mail.
* Productivity falls within acceptable departmental guidelines established by management; employee consistently strives to exceed expectations.
* Perform any additional and/or miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of their knowledge and ability.
* Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication, public relations, and customer service.
* Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. They must excel in organization, attention to details and follow through.
* Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion, demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
* Must have good listening skills, and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
* Candidate is required to be computer literate in MS Office programs.
* Ten key by touch preferred.
Internal Number: MEM003293
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.