1) Partner to build a best-in-class donor relations program that will serve to further engage and cultivate the University of Chicago Booth School of Business prospects, donors, and alumni.
2) Primary donor relations staff member responsible for mass stewardship reporting, including managing all facets of reporting for student scholarships and fellowships and managing all facets of reporting for faculty professorships, fellowships, and research prizes.
3) Serve as point person for the student and faculty fund databases which includes managing the mass stewardship calendar; collaborating with colleagues in admissions, accounting/budget, and the deansâ™ suite; communicating with fund recipients to collect information; and physically compiling and sending out each report.
4) Primary donor relations staff member collaborating with the Annual Fund team to help manage Annual Fund stewardship activities and will manage stewardship touches including the quarterly newsletter, first time donor communication, Deans Society stewardship, and other Annual Fund focused donor activity.
5) The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director and may assist the Associate Director in their responsibilities including individualized stewardship plans and reporting and Centers-based stewardship reporting.
6) Part of the donor relations team and may assist with other donor relations tasks, activities, and projects.
7) Manage all facets of reporting for student scholarships and fellowships and for faculty professorships, fellowships, and research prizes.
1) Demonstrated track record of strategic and creative approaches to tasks.
2) Excellent verbal, writing, and proof reading skills, exacting attention to detail.
3) Strong commitment to customer service.
4) Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
5) Must be flexible and adaptable to new programs in an emerging and changing environment.
6) Excellent organizational, project management, and computer skills.
7) Ability to travel.
8) Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
1) A minimum two years of professional work experience in advancement, alumni relations, donor relations, communications, marketing, public relations, or similar work.
2) Previous professional experience in stewardship and/or donor relations.
3) Experience in an institution of higher education or non-profit.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all. documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06073
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.